Need updated PCV valve

I have been searching high and low for the updated PCV valve for my 5.3, in hopes of helping the oil consumption issue. I have a 2011 Suburban 1500. I believe it already has the updated valve cover. I have been noticing more and more smoking at idle. I have had a compression and leak down test done per the GM procedure, and a couple cylinders are looking bad. I plan to have the cleaning procedure done with the GM upper cylinder cleaner, but first want to try the PCV. I’ve gone to every parts store in town and they either don’t have one, can’t get one, or give me one that doesn’t fit. I am told to buy the fixed orifice valve. Can somebody please point me towards an online retailer, or at least provide the correct part number?

thanks!

2 hours ago, Woodburning said:

I have been searching high and low for the updated PCV valve for my 5.3, in hopes of helping the oil consumption issue. I have a 2011 Suburban 1500. I believe it already has the updated valve cover. I have been noticing more and more smoking at idle. I have had a compression and leak down test done per the GM procedure, and a couple cylinders are looking bad. I plan to have the cleaning procedure done with the GM upper cylinder cleaner, but first want to try the PCV. I’ve gone to every parts store in town and they either don’t have one, can’t get one, or give me one that doesn’t fit. I am told to buy the fixed orifice valve. Can somebody please point me towards an online retailer, or at least provide the correct part number?

thanks!

You need a new driver's side valve cover.  There isn't a PCV valve per say, rather, PCV baffling and an orifice in the valve cover.  GM updated the cover back on 2012 production to control the excessive PCV flow issue the older cover had.

38 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

@newdude will correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this year have a CCV orifice instead of a PCV valve? 

• Thanks 1