Trailer connection issue

When I connect to any trailer, my truck won't sense a connection and provide power to the trailer plugs for lights to the trailers. This is with both bumper pull connection and inbox fifth wheel connection. This has been consistent with any trailer I try to hook up. This happened all of a sudden with no issues. It is a 2023 Silverado High Country. 

Whether it senses a trailer shouldn’t affect whether power is supplied via the 7 pin connector. The fact that it does not sense a trailer (which occurs when you connect to the running light pin), and does not have 12 volts on the power pin, makes me suspect one of your trailer harness connectors is not connected. If it was just lack of power I’d say check the connection at the battery fuse block. There are a couple of places where the trailer harness has connectors. You want to check behind the left taillight first. 

Edited by Another JR

It was the oddest thing, it worked fine up until the other day. I pulled a trailer in the morning, disconnected it, hooked another trailer that afternoon and no lights. Now doesn't work with any of my trailers. All trailers I have pulled with it before. It is suppling the hot power, just nothing to the lights, nor does it sense the trailers when plugged in. We checked connections and fuses, and also verified that the trailer lights worked on a test stand. Just background information, I own a trucking company so had my techs go all through this and they can't find any disconnects. 

On 3/21/2023 at 11:05 AM, Stryker513 said:

When I connect to any trailer, my truck won't sense a connection and provide power to the trailer plugs for lights to the trailers. This is with both bumper pull connection and inbox fifth wheel connection. This has been consistent with any trailer I try to hook up. This happened all of a sudden with no issues. It is a 2023 Silverado High Country. 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Stryker513.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2023 Chevrolet Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Stryker513]/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com