2014 (1/2014) 1500 Silverado LT Crew Cab, OEM DPN mirror swap/upgrade to DQS power folding

I am interested in swapping the old style 2014 tow mirrors with the newer 2015-2018? DQS power fold tow mirrors.  I want everything to work as if from the factory.  I have found several post on other style mirrors being upgraded to the DQS or different model trucks doing the swap.  But haven't found a clear guide.  Besides the obvious needing new mirrors, new switch what else do I need to order or do for 100% function on this truck?

1 hour ago, Yewtink said:

I am interested in swapping the old style 2014 tow mirrors with the newer 2015-2018? DQS power fold tow mirrors.  I want everything to work as if from the factory.  I have found several post on other style mirrors being upgraded to the DQS or different model trucks doing the swap.  But haven't found a clear guide.  Besides the obvious needing new mirrors, new switch what else do I need to order or do for 100% function on this truck?

Talk to Phil at harnessdr.com 

19 hours ago, Homewrecker007 said:

I'm sure you're going to need new door harnesses with the added wires for the new mirrors and switch. 

Yea, that was my thinking too.  Just wondering if it will be just the door harness or if I would have to completely replace the door harness and the dash harness.  Some of the early post I saw someone had to basically pull everything and replace with new.  But trying to follow one post and several people was taking about few different models it gets to confusing.  Plus they was talking about RPO's I didn't have.

I am trying to plan it all out so I only have to tear the doors apart once.  My power lock motors are shot on the driver side.  I have been holding my new HD motors for about a 8 months that I got from https://www.gruvenparts.com/2014-gm-door-lock-actuator-motors/.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yewtink said:

Yea, that was my thinking too.  Just wondering if it will be just the door harness or if I would have to completely replace the door harness and the dash harness.  Some of the early post I saw someone had to basically pull everything and replace with new.  But trying to follow one post and several people was taking about few different models it gets to confusing.  Plus they was talking about RPO's I didn't have.

I am trying to plan it all out so I only have to tear the doors apart once.  My power lock motors are shot on the driver side.  I have been holding my new HD motors for about a 8 months that I got from https://www.gruvenparts.com/2014-gm-door-lock-actuator-motors/.

If you're truck is a basic ****** you're going to be adding some wires but I haven't tackled the mirrors yet on my 18 so I'm not sure what all wire I'll need to add. I did just finish the front seat swap and had to change a few things. Mostly because the seats I got were from a 2500 and my truck is a 1500. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 7:32 PM, Homewrecker007 said:

If you're truck is a basic ****** you're going to be adding some wires but I haven't tackled the mirrors yet on my 18 so I'm not sure what all wire I'll need to add. I did just finish the front seat swap and had to change a few things. Mostly because the seats I got were from a 2500 and my truck is a 1500. 

It's 1500 LT L83 (5.3 V8) with power everything, heated mirrors, max tow package, cruise, 8in screen with built-in navigation non-bose system.  Only features I know it is missing is seat memory (or I haven't found it), back seat entertainment, DVD player, and leather seats.

It is NOT WT, LTZ, Z71, or High Country.

Edited by Yewtink
Better description

8 hours ago, Yewtink said:

It's 1500 LT L83 (5.3 V8) with power everything, heated mirrors, max tow package, cruise, 8in screen with built-in navigation non-bose system.  Only features I know it is missing is seat memory (or I haven't found it), back seat entertainment, DVD player, and leather seats.

It is NOT WT, LTZ, Z71, or High Country.

Phil should be able to get you fixed up. If you don't have buttons above the driver's inner door handle you don't have memory function. 

• Like 2

• Yewtink changed the title to 2014 (1/2014) 1500 Silverado LT Crew Cab, OEM DPN mirror swap/upgrade to DQS power folding
  • 4 weeks later...

WELL.... it has been a month and still haven't gotten a response.  🤬

Still doing some research on my own.  Wondering if I can get a door harnesses from Escalade with the light up exterior handles and power fold mirrors to make it a simple bolt-on upgrades.  I know the keyless entry will not work.  Just swap out the mirrors, switch, door harnesses and probably run new wires for the back seat handles?

I haven't found the correct year and trim level to compare the pin outs on the harness yet.