Power folding tow mirrors memory adjustment issue

Both of my 2015 3500HD LTZ’s passenger side mirror has intermittently repositioned the mirror incorrectly after unlocking the truck remotely until a week ago it has continuously auto adjusted after unlocking. It turns the mirror far right and internal motor seems to be running. When performing correctly doesn't move the mirror adjustment as it was already set when I locked the truck. 

Edited by Rahn Mclawhorn Jr

Manually fold the mirrors in, then cycle the fold function from the door switch about 4-5 times.  That will reset the fold motor positions.

If the problem you have stays or comes back, then you need to replace the mirror giving you trouble.  

Edited by newdude

It’s not the folding function that is operating incorrectly. The reverse function is also turned off. It is the lens that continues to operate incorrectly only after I’ve locked the truck then returned and unlocked. It’s adjusting as if I was using my second remote resulting in the mirror to adjust to key #2 settings. 

5 hours ago, Rahn Mclawhorn Jr said:

It’s not the folding function that is operating incorrectly. The reverse function is also turned off. It is the lens that continues to operate incorrectly only after I’ve locked the truck then returned and unlocked. It’s adjusting as if I was using my second remote resulting in the mirror to adjust to key #2 settings. 

Ah I mis-read that.  I'd say you'd need to test the circuits to the mirror, test the mirror motor if possible, the one in the upper glass.  If all that is good, could be bad BCM or memory control module as well since the mirror spazzes when you lock and unlock with the fob.

Try turning the memory function off in the settings in the radio screen and see if it still does it.  If it stops, then the problem is probably BCM or memory module related.