Water Leak!!!! Cant track down source

Have had water flow into the passenger footwell on and off for awhile now. It typically happens when im parked on an incline and with living in pnw the rain is constant. Ive also gotten the blower motor and ac condensor replaced within the last year and a half.

In the picture i posted there is a hole that the water comes out of and runs down the carpet and soaks in the passenger footwell. Air also comes out of that same hole when system is running. I have also had the third brake light replaced when purchasing the truck as it leaked within a week. I also put sealant around it as well as the shark fin and i also tool the cowl off and sealed the hvac service cap extremly well. 

Cant seem to track it down and only the passenger side gets wet nothing else.

2015 Chevy Silverado WT V8 5.3 with about 52000 miles and purchased from dealer and fully serviced by same dealer.

They want close to $500 just to diagnose it so attempting to seal something i can do.

20240104_130653.jpg

20240104_130737.jpg

So I blew all the drains out and especially cleaned the drain into the engine bay. When the A/C is running the drain pours water out so I know they are not clogged.

It usually happens when im parked on an incline outside and raining. I think i have concluded that it is entering in thru the fresh air intake due to angle of the truck and a poor cowl which i will be replacing in hopes of deflecting some more water to the sides.

or it is just natural condensation from warming up and being parked outside and since its parked at that angle it is not allowing it to drain into the engine bay.

When I have the recirculate on its seems to not leak.

I just need to know if I seal that hole will the water be going someplace it should not or will it drain out into engine bay once leveled out which is what i need.

Also that hole seems like it has a purpose or something should be there such as a plug or something. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2024 at 12:23 AM, Jon Maxwell said:

Have had water flow into the passenger footwell on and off for awhile now. It typically happens when im parked on an incline and with living in pnw the rain is constant. Ive also gotten the blower motor and ac condensor replaced within the last year and a half.

In the picture i posted there is a hole that the water comes out of and runs down the carpet and soaks in the passenger footwell. Air also comes out of that same hole when system is running. I have also had the third brake light replaced when purchasing the truck as it leaked within a week. I also put sealant around it as well as the shark fin and i also tool the cowl off and sealed the hvac service cap extremly well. 

Cant seem to track it down and only the passenger side gets wet nothing else.

2015 Chevy Silverado WT V8 5.3 with about 52000 miles and purchased from dealer and fully serviced by same dealer.

They want close to $500 just to diagnose it so attempting to seal something i can do.

20240104_130653.jpg

20240104_130737.jpg