Does this all look ok? Back in October engine blew! Still owe on my Yukon. And no warranty. Fast forward, new engine, new shocks, new starter. Took my car to GM because I had a PO711 code and they changed the harness. Once I got my car back it went into shock. Engine light came on and the sensors were going crazy along with my fans running. Mechanic reset computer. It’s driven 500 more miles with nothing else. Should I be worried? 

On 2/3/2024 at 4:01 PM, Chelcie Parker said:

Does this all look ok? Back in October engine blew!

No, this is a premature failure in my opinion, unless the mileage is crazy high or it hasn't been maintained properly.

new shocks

Maintenance item.

new starter

Odd that the old starter failed at the same time the engine did...

Took my car to GM because I had a PO711 code and they changed the harness.

DTC P0711

Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Performance

Presuming that the harness to the temperature sensor was damaged during the engine replacement. I'd inspect the damaged harness and consider making the engine swap mechanic fix that problem.

Once I got my car back it went into shock. Engine light came on and the sensors were going crazy along with my fans running. Mechanic reset computer. It’s driven 500 more miles with nothing else. Should I be worried? 

So long as everything is working you should be good to go. 

Engine failures are exceptionally rare that require a new engine; a valvetrain failure is more common. Operating characteristics and maintenance are what I would first suspect.