Phone sometimes doesn't connect

Gents,

My phone will auto-connect most of the time when I start the truck but I have noticed if I remote start it using the my chevy app, then get into the truck it will fail to connect. It shows my phone under the connected devices but when I check on it, it will not connect. 

I have to delete it and re-pair it. 

Any help?

Mine plays this game every now and then. What I have found is it happens when the truck is already started or "awake" for the infotainment system and I get in range of the bluetooth and then walk away like i'm brushing the snow off the truck with my phone in my pocket and jump in the seat after. The bluetooth range is not that great in the truck so it tricks my phone to drop off the bluetooth connection to the radio. I found that the phone itself will pair back up to the truck but android auto won't connect.

I also might be complicating things by having this setup on my phone but I have an automation rule on my samsung phone to turn on mobile hotspot, enable WiFi control and have it connect to the truck via bluetooth which then triggers android auto to also connect via WiFi to the truck. I have found the few times my truck fails to connect to android auto, the WiFi was not enabled on my phone because it turned itself off when I went outside the range of my house and with WiFi off on my phone, android auto will NEVER connect since it needs all the bandwidth to connect to the truck.

I've also had problems when my truck updates the android browser on the radio where it drops my connection to the phone. 

Next time this happens give this a try:

- Ensure your bluetooth and WiFi are on and active on your phone

- on your phone, go to bluetooth and disconnect then reconnect to the trucks radio

- ensure your WiFi is turned on in your phone

- if you are using android auto it should reconnect like normal

- if it does not reconnect your phone, have the truck in park and hold the end call button on the steering wheel for 10 seconds straight and the radio will reboot itself. after the reboot everything will slowly restart the background processes and your phone should pair back up again.

• Like 1