2022 Silverado 3500 brake problems

Have a 2022 Silverado 3500, brakes seemed to stick afew times backing up to a trailer like the park brake releasing when accelerated. At about 35,000 miles started randomly smelling hot brakes. Over the next 15,000 miles the pad life on the front has stayed at 80% and the rear has steadily dropped to 15%. Sometimes the message center says "New pads detected, do you want to reset pad life?" Dealer says everything is working and can't find anything wrong, but admits something is .

I suspect there are two different things going on in what you described.

The first thing of having the brakes grab when backing to a trailer sounds like it could be normal operation and release of the hill start assist feature. Were you on a slight slope when backing to the trailer?  

The second issue where you have apparent grossly uneven brake wear I would just be guessing. Did you or the dealer measure the actual pad wear to see if the indicator is accurate?  I don’t know if the “indicator” is just a mileage based estimate in the DIC or some sort of actual sensing system. Have you checked to see if the brakes are dragging by checking for high temperature after a short drive?  

Are both sets of brake pads on both sides of the vehicle having the same issue? In other words, they all have the same wear?

I would likely do some stops and starts and use an IR heat gun and measure all brake dica and see if there is a noticeable temp difference. Fronts should be warmer than the rears.

Do you use adaptive cruise control in traffic?