2021 Silverado Trail Boss Issues

Been having major engine problems since October 2023. Actually, it initially started that summer when I took my truck in because the check engine light was flashing. Dealership said it was just misfires and sent me on my way. In October I took my truck in because my check engine light came on, service emergency brake and ESC lights all came on. The idle was incredibly rough and the engine sounded horrible. Dealership proceeds to say they can't find anything and just did a cleaning of the engine and sent me on my way. Said to drive the truck around and if it wasn't working properly to bring back the next day. My exhaust was turning super dark, idle became even worse and car was jerking when driving. Took it back in and said I needed lifters replaced. They replaced a set of lifters. Took well over a month to get my truck back. Not even a month later the same issue happened and the dealership said another set of lifters needed to be replaced. Since getting those replaced maybe a month ago, I have had my check engine light randomly flash for 8 seconds on two different occasions. This is beyond ridiculous and unacceptable. I am sitting here waiting for the rest of the lifters to go out or something worse. I see many people have complained about this.

Hoping someone can provide contacts to who the filed complaints to. Much appreciated.

6 hours ago, CoachH22 said:

Been having major engine problems since October 2023. Actually, it initially started that summer when I took my truck in because the check engine light was flashing. Dealership said it was just misfires and sent me on my way. In October I took my truck in because my check engine light came on, service emergency brake and ESC lights all came on. The idle was incredibly rough and the engine sounded horrible. Dealership proceeds to say they can't find anything and just did a cleaning of the engine and sent me on my way. Said to drive the truck around and if it wasn't working properly to bring back the next day. My exhaust was turning super dark, idle became even worse and car was jerking when driving. Took it back in and said I needed lifters replaced. They replaced a set of lifters. Took well over a month to get my truck back. Not even a month later the same issue happened and the dealership said another set of lifters needed to be replaced. Since getting those replaced maybe a month ago, I have had my check engine light randomly flash for 8 seconds on two different occasions. This is beyond ridiculous and unacceptable. I am sitting here waiting for the rest of the lifters to go out or something worse. I see many people have complained about this.

Hoping someone can provide contacts to who the filed complaints to. Much appreciated.

General Motors Customer Service-Google it. Are they replacing all 16 lifters? Did they replace the cam? We are missing a lot of information here to try to help you. 2021 Trail Boss. What engine do you have? How many miles on the truck? 

17 hours ago, CoachH22 said:

Having the check engine light flash from time to time is normal for these trucks.  Happens on mine once or twice a month, no big deal.  HOWEVER, I have absolutely no weird noises, rough idle, or exhaust weirdness of any kind...there is absolutely no other indicator of any kind of issue.  So if all you are seeing now is an indicator light, you have nothing to worry about.  But if there's still noise or roughness or some other indication of an issue then yeah that's definitely a problem.

This "normal" is new to me too, but it's the reality that politics has forced on us.