blistens or eddlebrock?

which set of shocks do you guys think would be a better shock for a silverado Z71 as far as ride quility... and occasional offroading...anyone installed either of them id like to get a comparision

I know Ryan is wishing for the Bilsteins.  I put the AIS Edelbrocks on my '97 Ford and they made a big difference.  It took away alot of the chatter I was experiencing.  I know more about the IAS shocks than the Bilstiens but both are very highly rated.  The IAS are valved specifically for each vehicle, but I would think the Bilsteins are too...  I believe Monroe makes an inertia shock too, and they are less expensive but I don't know anyone who is running them.  

wishing

kinda yea wish they had em and werent on back order.  

This months gm mastercard bill is kinda high (books and stuff for school) so ill wait till next month of october.  Also im not working as much and ? will kinda hurt.  Maybe i should go reapply at my old job and start working weekends again NAH im having to much fun

:(

i will have bilstein shocks on my truck one day haha

I don't know, I personally went with Rancho RS 9000's.  They were a bit expensive, but I like to be able to adjust the shock for softer or stiffer settings depending upon the type of terrain.  So in my opinion if you are going to be doing light offroading I would go with these, that way you don't have to compromise your ride.

4050928.ptp

well i am more in the hole :(

Just bought my **** modeling and anaylsis of dynamic systems book.  They really take it to you.  ? for one 250 page book

Only one book to go kinematics then i can start dreaming of bilsteins

DARNIT went to autozone i said F it im buying them.  Well they still dont have the fronts.  They are currently unavailable????

WTF

guys like in a wk they should be available UM they werent last month

Ryan,

Bummer on the book prices :( I remember those days of buying college textbooks, practically had to sell plasma to get some of them (hmmm, now that I think of it, probably not a coincidence that the plasma center was across from the bookstore on campus-hehe) so I digress...anyway, why are you so hellbent on getting new shocks?  Your truck is almost brand new so those shocks can't be that bad?

FWIW, I put a set of the HD Bilsteins on Mrs. BIG BLUE's 97 Suburban that had stock shocks and to be honest, e she could barely tell the difference.  Of course I could tell 'cause I just spent ? and installed them myself so I had to justify the time/cost factor.   Now, her Sub already had the 52mm shocks and that's what I went with with the Bilsteins so it was a pretty even swap.  Maybe the Bilsteins will be a better ride than your "sport" stock shocks, but I'd hate to see you shell out the cash and not really notice a difference.  Not trying to sway you, but for a college student on a tight budget the shocks could probably wait.   Don't get me wrong, the Bilsteins are great shocks, and in my case the originals had 90,000 miles so it was an improvement in body roll and handling and I did notice a difference towing a 5,000 lb. trailer.

Oh well, just my 1/50th of a buck!

BIG BLUE

I own the Edelbrock IAS shocks and they are amazing on the curvy mountain roads around here.  Offroad and I am equally unimpressed..... this is on my one ton, and nothing really nothing can soften that ride unloaded, offroad.

I'd keep Edelbrocks on my daily driver and Bilsteins on my offroad buggy-

I have used Bilsteins on five trucks.I replaced the original shocks when the trucks were new. If you are going to keep you truck for several years and lots of miles, they are a good investment. I have never replaced a Bilstein on any of the 5 vehicles. Two of the trucks (S 10 Blazers) had over 170,000 miles on the same set of Bilsteins.  I replaced the Tennecos on my 2000 Silverado Z71 at 2200 miles. If you install them on your new truck, you don't have to worry about changing the shocks for a long, long time.

Archived