blind spot mirror on heated side mirror

I really want to put blind spot mirrors on my side view mirrors.  Three problems I'm weighing; I have heated mirrors, I have the puddle avoidance lamps, and making sure I don't crush the poor mirrors if I (most likely someone else) decide to fold them in.  I haven't had the opportunity to try the heaters yet, but I read in the owners manual that you shouldn't put stickers (temporary licenses) on the heated back window.  Does this also apply to the mirrors?  I tried those large 3x5 rectangular mirrors from Walmart.  They worked GREAT except when the adhesive didn't keep them on.  Now road kill can see cars coming.  :)

The best mounting device for this situation is 3M emblem and molding tape. It is what manufactures and body shops use to fasten body moldings, fender flares and the like to your truck.

Clean the double sided tape off the wide angle mirror with lighter fluid or 3m Adhesive remover. Get it CLEAN! Apply the 3M tape to the wide angle mirror. Clean the truck mirror with alcohol and wipe dry with a clean cloth. Apply the wide angle mirror to your truck mirror.

I did mine and many others this way. Mine has been on since August of 1999. I have heated mirrors.

You can get the tape at Most KMart Stores or Automotive paint supply stores.

Thanks Tombeis.  Now the only problem is should I take the smaller rectangular mirrors off?  :) I thought the larger mirrors were too heavy for the adhesive.  At least the small ones will tell me whether there is something back there.  (but in no detail).  I will have to ponder this question.  I think I might get the larger mirrors again and some 3M tape just for the sake of working on my truck.  :biggrin:

Archived