Smell?

You guys are going to think I am crazy but the last two times I had my oil changed I got back in the truck and boy did it smell funky.  First time I thought it was due to a lack of soap use by the mechanic.  Now twice?  I have noticed it on a couple of other occasions also.  Didnt I see a TSB on using a product to get smell out of the Sierra?  Strange for a TSB to address this isnt it?  Is there some problem I dont know about?  I should check for any moisture on the carpet I guess.......

There is a TSB on "eliminating unwanted odor in vehicle".  00-00-89-027  It looks like it's just some spray similar to lysol.  (Maybe they should add "remove smelly mechanic from cab" LOL)

There's also one for an odor comming from the AC vents.  99-01-39-004  This one covers the '99 and earlier trucks, so yours may have it already.  It involves adding an Electronic Evaporator Dryer somewhere in the AC system to dry up moisture.  This one may be of not use to you.

Hope this helps.

I TOLD you you'd think I was crazy!  Im not though, gonna check carpets for moisture though...let you know. I do believe I read something about the cab leaking somewhere?  Wasnt it the firewall or rear window?

Quote: from NewbieZ71 on 10:13 am on May 26, 2001

boy did it smell funky.  

What does funky smell like? Is it the smell of burned oi?, hot rubber?, dirty clothes?, Musty smell-wet smell?, hydaulic oil?, sweet sugarey smell?

Might help narrow down the search.

LT

Well, thats kinda why I posted this stupid subject...because I got it changed at two different places, the last for the 7500 miles at Gendrons over in Troy.  Same smell......god I wish I never brought this up...MAYBE ITS ME?????ARGGGHHHHH!!!!

I have given this smell thing some thought and I have an idea. My 99 had a problem with water leaking around the doors. The water leaked inder the door sills and under the carpet. Try pulling the door sills up and feeling the pad under the carpet. That may be the source of the smell. Hope this helps.

John

Nope, no moisture anywhere.  I think I am going to chalk this up to smelly mechanic and be done with it before the moderator wants me to have an alcohol blood level done prior to any more posts.........

Archived