Lunar Visor By Lund?? anyone have one?

Just wondering if anyone here has one of the Lund Lunar lighted Visors on there truck? did you install it? did it need hole/s in the roof?? please post details on the installation and some pictures if you can..

do you have a copy of the instructions? Thanks

I really want one but would like to hear from people who have them before hand.

I have had other visors on other trucks but they was not the Lunar with the hidden mounts..

• 1 month later...

Sorry don't have any pics I can get some but don't right now?

I really love the look of the Lunar visor, there are hardly any around that have them so gives it a different look, also makes it look mean IMO

I installed mine, It has screws on the door jam , simple enough the top screw hole lines up perfectly with a screw already there so placement is a breeze. just push the door weatherstrip down. The wire I ran to my parking lights and crimped it in. The grey auto tape is very sticky and perfect placement is crucial. I did have a situation with it so I ended up puttinga couple holes in the cab ( it was a bit loud at times with just the tape) A buddy of mine with a 96 Chevy has never had a lick of problems with his Lunar..probably because mine was the guinea pig....

I got caught in a wind storm outside of Vancouver, Wa and the middle tape became unstuck. I pulled the plugs in the middle when I got home and ran two nice size #3 screws, I put an extra pad of grey foam inbetween the cab and visor and tightened the screws (coated the screws with silicone prior then backed them out and applied again). Since then I haven't heard a peep out of it.

I ran screws because I figure in the life of me owning my truck which will be a long time unless GM does something with the looks of the new trucks...... I will have it atleast another 10 years I think.....

If you want I will get some pics of the mounting and setup......

I love mine and wouldn't have another truck wothout one......my .02

• 3 weeks later...

>kirkRHughes

thanks for the pictures and input.. I have one being painted for my truck now.

That looks nice, can't wait to get mine on, did you put it on per instructions? screws in the center pads and all?

>WileE1 yes please post your pictures as well. I to will add one of mine when I get it on. Thanks for your reply and help as well.

So I should go ahead with putting screws in the center mounting pads then? Also are you saying you put screwsin the ends? where the tape is?

I wanted to do no holes in the cab other then the mounts of course but I want the thing to be right the first time.

to both, is the noise bad? and also at what speeds does it get bad? I would hate to have a train whistle at 60mph or any real annoying noise.

Again Thanks for the advice and help.

TW

update,

I got mine on today it is really nice, Glad I done it now.

I hooked the wire for the lights to the trailer running light fuse with a

"add a fuse" device it worked great and fuses the lights on the visor as well.

I went ahead and used some screws in the center pads as well, I don't think

it will ever be a problem. I siliconed them pretty good..

Thanks again guys for the input and such.

Archived