Dim headlights

HiG4s

My low beams are less than what I need...  I don't know if they are out of adjustment or not but the truck only has 1800 miles on it???  I guess what I'm asking is, are there any brighter bulbs out there that anyone else has tried without causing a problem???  It is normal for us bikers to burn brighter lamps, but this is the first time that I felt my car or truck headlamps were a little under powered..,

(Edited by Shaners at 12:17 am on Feb. 11, 2001)

They very well could be out of adjustment.  They seem to point down and to the right a little.  I think that is normal, but I'm carrying the weight of a fiberglass cap and I would think that would point them higher.  Maybe they are really far out. They are worse than my wifes Olds minivan.  I was wondering if there was a brighter bulb that could replace the stock one...  I don't have fog lights, and maybe that is the difference.  Her van and my '97 f-250LD both had fog lamps, and I used them about 50% of the time.

Before looking for brighter bulbs, I do suggest checking the voltages.

Heres another idea to brighten things up.  There are several companies that offer kits to allow the low beam to stay on when you use the high beams.  The factory turns off the low beams/fog lights while the high beams are on.

OK,

Here is my plan...  I think the truck sits a little low in the front anyways, so I'm going to crank 1/2 to 3/4's of an inch into the torsion bars.  That should give the truck a better stance and help with the headlight problems.  What do you think??

Archived