engine runs rough...some backfiring:mad:

:(:cheers::chevy: i have been doing some maintenance on my 98 silverado z-71 (ball joints, tierod ends, plugs, and wires) because i have been off work with a fractured skull(workmens comp is paying the bills). my truck started running rougher so i put the plugs in and that helped a little but now that i replaced the plug wires it misses real bad and sometimes backfires. if you listen to the engine run real closes, every once in a while you can hear a lick ant the it tries to pause and die off but catches back up. does anyone have a clue what might be wrong? :):(:(

:(  :cheers:  :chevy: i have been doing some maintenance on my 98 silverado z-71 (ball joints, tierod ends, plugs, and wires) because i have been off work with a fractured skull(workmens comp is paying the bills). my truck started running rougher so i put the plugs in and that helped a little but now that i replaced the plug wires it misses real bad and sometimes backfires. if you listen to the engine run real closes, every once in a while you can hear a lick ant the it tries to pause and die off but catches back up. does anyone have a clue what might be wrong? :)  :(  :(

are you getting a check engine light?

don't know about check engine light, i think the bulb is blown but i had one of my buddies clean the fuel system at school(lincoln trch in indy) and he and some other buddies ran some test and said that one of the o2 sensors was reading more than twice as high as the other three and being as i have catalytic converters i guess it that o2 sensor could be bad. if i remember correctly he said it was the first one on the left bank. :(:cheers:

Archived