Full Synthetic Oil and Filter

Hey all,

I use to use Valoline Synthetic Blend in my old S-10, but with my '04 Sierra, I would

like to use a Full Syntehtic, any suggestions on which brands are good? Also needs to

be found at AutoZone, Advance Auto, Napa, or Wallmart.

What's a good filter to use? I use to use Fram, but I would like to make sure I have

a good filter in place.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

Hey all,

I use to use Valoline Synthetic Blend in my old S-10, but with my '04 Sierra, I would

like to use a Full Syntehtic, any suggestions on which brands are good? Also needs to

be found at AutoZone, Advance Auto, Napa, or Wallmart.

What's a good filter to use? I use to use Fram, but I would like to make sure I have

a good filter in place.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

I recommend Mobil 1 and you can get it at Napa for $4.79/quart

the Napa Gold series is a good filter, but I use the Mobil 1 filter also

...I would

like to use a Full Syntehtic, any suggestions on which brands are good? ...

I would concentrate on these three: Amsoil, Mobil 1, and Royal Purple. Note you'll easily get the equivalent of a religious war among "brand-loyalists", but these three brands offer some amazing products, products that will far extend the life of your motor past the sheet metal of the truck's body.

You might want to take a look at Bob is the Oil Guy's Forum There's more information there than you could ever hope to read. Honestly I use Mobil 1, but Amsoil or other quality synthetics are super oils. No real advice on filters other than to say most people will advise you to stay away from Fram. I personally use the Purolator PureOne or AC Delco on my truck. Good luck with whatever you choose.

vroten :crackup:

Who sells Amsoil?

Never heard of it?

I was thinking of Mobil 1, but not sure just yet.

Go to (www.amsoil.com),that is their website and it will tell you everything you could possibly want to know about their product and where to buy it. I use Amsoil and it is awesome stuff but it is a little more expensive than the Mobil 1. :crackup:

Archived