D Max Second Fuel Filter

Looking as to where to place a second fuel filter, pretty crowded under the hood. The existing filter is very tough to reach without removing fender under panel. Know of one who tried to drain water from filter and could not get anything to drain out. He followed the owner's book and nada, light was on. He finally used the hand pump and did get quite a bit to pump out. He then lost his injection pump, parts were over $1200. Second filer is looking like a really important item....

theres one made by www.nicktane.com  that I heard is pretty good.  It mounts on on the frame pre-oem filtration.

Thanks for the info, I got an email that some have mounted one below the air box, I am looking to see where is the best location so it can be serviced most easily. We do need a second filter! I do not know of anyone that has drained water from the stock filter, for some reason it just does not come out the drain hole even when the light is on@! I think GM made a mistake with the filter, one tried to use the prime pump, it just does not work via the owners book.

Archived