K&N or Volant? Still Undecided...

pepsi_blue

For the longest time I have planned on getting a K&N Intake System but until lately after reading the reviews I have mixed thoughts. Can anyone help clarify. I'm looking for the best in performance....

I've heard so far.... K&N is too loud under the hood, less HP, better fuel economy

Volant is quieter, more HP, less MPG

I'm so confused...

Pepsi_blue I was going to post on this subject cause I had same problem decideing whether it was worth it.I did my exhaust and did the hypertech computer and really didn't notice much difference but I installed fipk k & n 2 days ago biggest improvement Ive felt yet.In box they give you this dyno sheet showing 17hp increase which I laughed at and had read on here of guys dyno other intakes saying they lost power.Maybe its the whole package together but truck does feel like it picked up at least 10hp.BTW It is a little loud good luck.KNEZ

Pepsi_blue I was going to post on this subject cause I had same problem decideing whether it was worth it.I did my exhaust and did the hypertech computer and really didn't notice much difference but I installed fipk k & n 2 days ago biggest improvement Ive felt yet.In box they give you this dyno sheet showing 17hp increase which I laughed at and had read on here of guys dyno other intakes saying they lost power.Maybe its the whole package together but truck does feel like it picked up at least 10hp.BTW It is a little loud good luck.KNEZ

Thanks for the feedback. What type of exhaust did you go with?

I'm totally happy with my Volant system but I did switch out their filter for a K&N filter and it sounds great with my CORSA "Sport" exhaust system.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived