Magnaflow Mufflers

Sorry to sway off subject a bit, but when ya'll got your after market exhaust did you ever have a problem in powerloss? I have torpedo's, and I could definetely tell when I really hit it. I'd go as far to say it may have sped up the process of my tranny problems last summer.

When I went to a Single 3" in 3" out on my f@rd I noticed considerable amount of loss in low end torque. It was like starting off in 2nd gear. Not enough back pressure. Sucked went back to stock.... Then sold it.....

Now recently I just put a 3" dual in/dual out 22" magnaflow to a single tailpipe on my GMC and it rocks. I think I actually gained in most areas. My muffler has the built in "X" pipe and then I had a custom "Y" to dump it into single tailpipe. You can see my truck specs in my signature.

Sorry to sway off subject a bit, but when ya'll got your after market exhaust did you ever have a problem in powerloss?  I have torpedo's, and I could definetely tell when I really hit it.  I'd go as far to say it may have sped up the process of my tranny problems last summer.

I noticed a low end power gain from the muffler. Feels about the same on the freeway when I punch it too. The truck feels like I instantly gained about 5-10 hp with just the aftermarket muffler...

I got the 3.5" race series straight through magnaflow on my truck.  I love the sound.  It is the one with no chambers, just some baffling around the side...

What kind of sound does it produce?

well its kind of hard to describe an exhausts sound but I like it alot better than the flowmasters... It is a nice deep melow rumble...

Archived