Water leak - 03 1500?

I went out to vacuum my truck yesterday and noticed that the edge of the floor mat was wet. I checked the carpet and the edge of the carpet near the door was wet as well - I then lifted the carpet and felt the padding and the padding was wet all the way to the hump where the tranny sits. I'm taking it to the dealer on Wed, but has anyone else had a similar problem? The carpet isn't wet up near the dash so I'm not sure where it could be coming from. The carpet isn't wet near the hump but the padding sure is. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Does the carpet smell like antifreeze? If so, you could have a heater core leaking behind the dash. Check your overflow tank under the hood for a low level...

The other possibility is a water leak around a window, or the possibility someone else left the window open and it rained inside.....the same would apply to a sun roof if you have one.....

Other than what is mentioned above, I would say it could be from your A/C drain lines or from the floor. Probably not a window or else the seats would be wet etc. The hump could be dry because it gets hot. Was it the drivers side or the passenger side? Probably not a big deal to fix but if it is still under warranty I would insist the dealer get the carpet professionally dried and cleaned so it doesnt stink or rot the padding/rust the floor.

Passenger side - the padding is wet from the door to the tranny hump. No anti-freeze - it's water. I'd know if it was anti-freeze cause the inside of the truck would smell like it - it's definately water. I run the defrosters a lot and that uses the condenser I believe so maybe that could be the problem. It's under warranty (29k miles) so I guess I'll find out on Wed. Thanks!

Hey my floor is wet too! I have a 2003 Suburban. Drivers side rug is really wet at edge near door sill. It is not coming from snow tracked in as I have a deep mat. Wife says window doesn't close all the time in the channel but then whole door would be wet. I would smell anti-freeze.

Let me know what you find out. Leaks are hard to find - water can run from aways away.

thanks,

Mark

I had this problem in my Caprice, I hear GM is good at it :uhoh: .

It's A/C condensation. Either the box isn't sealed well against the inner firewall or the tube is clogged and it's backing up.

Find the tube on the outter firewall and run a clothes hanger or something in there to make sure it's clear and not blocked.

Supposedly, if the little tube is missing it'll also leak inside...

edit- danm, I need to go check mine :D !!!

Archived