Oil Pressure Rises on Acceleration

Hey,

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500, V8 4.8L.

Recently when I accelrate I notice the oil pressure gauge rising. This hasn't happened in the past. It seems worst in the morning when the engine is still chilly. Then the pressure will go up to 60. It is usually at 40. And maxes out at 80. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

If the oil pressure doesn't rise with acceration, then you should be concerned.

I just never remember it being so pronounced.

Did you just change your oil?

Did you use the same brand, type and grade as before?

Any of those could affect oil pressure.

If the oil pressure doesn't rise with acceration, then you should be concerned.

I just never remember it being so pronounced.

Did you just change your oil?

Did you use the same brand, type and grade as before?

Any of those could affect oil pressure.

I had the dealership change the oil because of the snow and I had other things to get done to the truck. I am guessing they may have used synthetic oil which I never use.

Usually I purchase the oil that is on sale. This is not good practice I guess. I could never figure out why but now I am seeing a possibility.

Should I use the over 75K oil now? My truck has 96K right now.

Thanks!

Thats good your oil pressure is going up, Find someone with a truck from another maker (I won't drop any names) But the cruise control may start a fire for them. Anyway, the oil pressure gague is connected to a sending unit switch. It's either on or off. It never moves.

Now for the rest of that story.. How do you tell your main bearings on your crank are wearing out.. Let up on the gas and your oil pressure go's up. Like so many of thier trucks did...

Thats good your oil pressure is going up, Find someone with a truck from another maker (I won't drop any names) But the cruise control may start a fire for them.  Anyway, the oil pressure gague is connected to a sending unit switch.  It's either on or off.  It never moves. 

Could that manufacturer be Furd? I once, (only once) owned an Exploder, the oil pressure guage always sat in the middle of the gauge. I took it to the dealer because it would not move except from start-up. The service tech told me that the guage is just hooked up to a sender unit that just works like a switch. On for pressure, off for no pressure. They do make senders that will make the guages do what they're supposed to do, buy you have to pay for those. That's that's dorF for you.

Archived