20" Tires for 2005 Yukon XL Denali

Hi all,

I am new to this site since I have just purchased a 2005 Yukon XL Denali for my wife. My question is that I want to put 20" tires on it but had the following questions:

1. The dealer implied that GMC would only warranty problem if I installed the 20" P275 55R20 tires/rims that GMC installed. They told me that they had to make several mod's to the car when 20" wheels are installed and they would only do the required mod's if I bought the tires/rims from them.

They told me that the following systems needed to be modified in the computer, etc...: speedometer, stabilitrak, ABS, tire pressure monitors, etc... They said that the 20" tires drastically changed the trucks performance and these mod's were required.

OK, what the real truth???? If I put on 20" tires and go in for warrranty service, is GMC gonna deny the warranty service since I put after factory 20" tires on my SUV??

After I put on 20" tires/rims, what are the necessary mod's that I have to do.

2. What 20" tires and size does everybody recommend for a Yukon XL Denali?? I am looking for an All Season tires that has good wet and dry traction and pretty good tread life. I will not be lowering the SUV or anything like that. I will just be putting 20" tires/rims on the SUV.

3. I read on this forum about GM not recommending 20" tires on there 2004 trucks? Does this apply to the 2005 Yukon XL's?

Thanks for your help.....

They are right with the speedo, stabilitrak, abs, etc... Need to be recalibrated.

Only the Crew Cab 1/2 tons are being recommended not to have 20" wheels.

If they feel the wheels are the cause for the warranty work you bet they will deny it. If its a power window problem it will be fixed under warranty.

Archived