Tahoe Tune-Up & Spark Plugs

I'm about to start a LONG overdue tune-up on a 97 tahoe and I wanted to get some input. I'm changing out the plugs, wires, cap n rotor but when I went to buy the plugs, the dealership said it was best to use the $12.99 Delco plugs over the $4.99 Bosch plugs because i'd get better mileage ??? WHAT ! Do the plugs make a difference ? Spark is spark and fuel is fuel, if I burn the fuel why does it matter ? Can any of you guys gimme some insight on this, i'm sure you've been through some trial and error.

Thanks

Mike

There's more to spark than just spark. Bigger, hotter spark burns more fuel/air more efficiently, so there is some merit to what they say. How much merit it's a judgement call. I used the AC Delco plugs in my truck the originals lasted 100k, I expect the same from the new ones.

Thanks asilverblazer, i guess that makes more sense than telling me to just buy em :uhoh: Now I just have to find the generic part # and get em off ebay before i'm screwed $400 for a tune-up after I get shafted with $150 wires too...

There's more to spark than just spark. Bigger, hotter spark burns more fuel/air more efficiently, so there is some merit to what they say. How much merit it's a judgement call. I used the AC Delco plugs in my truck the originals lasted 100k, I expect the same from the new ones.

Archived