wiper motor ckt board 98 and up?

I have a 98 Suburban which has started giving problems with the wiper motor circuit board. My 94 1500 and previous 96 Suburban had the board replaced under the recall campaign. When I asked dealer about the 98 they found it is not covered under recall???

Has anyone been able to get this fixed under recall?

Thanks!

Mark

66..............Find out the EASY way !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dial up the Chevy customer 800# and have your vin# ready !

They will tell you about ANY recall or update for your specific

vehicle and give you the campaign # s................

Don't waste your time calling the dealer.................

I got the BLOWOFF from mine on my 96 Blazer wiper board issue!

I call did it all.............And I got another recall # for a 4wd problem too!

The look on the service mgrs. face was priceless when I whipped

out the recall numbers !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::tear: .............geo

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a number for GMC (1-800-462-8782) which led to a real person after many prompts. They opened a case for me, told me there was not a recall and then closed the case. They gave me a case number for reference... Do you suppose this means if I get into an accident due to the wipers that they are off the hook becuase I knew about the problem?

Anyway, I think I will swap the circuit board with the one in my 94 pickup which was covered by the recall and solder up this one for the truck.

Thanks again!

66.........Your talking about a Chevy right??????????????????

Make sure you call the CHEVY customer service #

1-800-222-1020

If you called the GMC # you will get the blowoff too !!!!!!!!!!!!

GM ain't gonna make it that EASY to get a FREE fix !..........LOL !!!!

..........geo :thumbs:

I also had a 98 Yukon (until I traded it in January for an '04 Yukon XL) and had this problem. I went in and asked about the recall. After researching it, they said there was no official recall, but that my VIN had been built in the first month of production on the '98 model year, and they couldn't verify that the assembly from the '97 model year hadn't been used. (Apparently there was a recall on the '07 model Yukon).

So they waived charges for parts & labor, but didn't "recall" it. I believe the GM Zone rep got involved (although at the dealer's request, rather than mine).

So put your negotiating shoes on.

97 was last year for the recall, supposedly they were fixed by then according to factory, but mine went also, new part was $35 the relay was bad on mine not the cold solder joint fixed by the recall, takes about 5 minutes to swap, open wiper motor cover 4 torx screws, then pull out the control board, repair cold solder joint or as in my case if relay is bad just swap the module out.

• 2 weeks later...

My 98 did same thing. Don't make the same mistake I did. I yanked on the wipers to get them to work. I pulled them out of adjustment and they came up and were rubbing my windshield post. After not fixing it for a summer it rubbed the clear coat and paint off!!!

Is this referring to the intermittent wipers working sporatically? Sometimes when its a mist out, i just flip the thing down for a quick wipe and it wont work, and sometimes while running the intermittent wipers, they will just stop working, so I flip the switch to full blast and it always works, then usually a few mins later everything will work again

btw my truck is a '98 as well

Is this referring to the intermittent wipers working sporatically?  Sometimes when its a mist out, i just flip the thing down for a quick wipe and it wont work, and sometimes while running the intermittent wipers, they will just stop working, so I flip the switch to full blast and it always works, then usually a few mins later everything will work again

btw my truck is a '98 as well

That's how it started on my '92. Over the period of a couple of years, they degenerated to a point where they only worked about 40% of the time.

Archived