Jump to content

Who has Stainless Works header on their 8.1


Recommended Posts

How was the over all fit, do they drone badly, are you happy with them?

 

Manly I'm concern is the drone, it's bad enough as it is. That's why I'm putting a stock muffler and tail pipe back on it with electric cut outs. Now I have to decide if I want the 2" primary's or 1-7/8. Being this truck will get a big dose of nitrous the 2" will probably be needed. :chevy:

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the delimma, max speed or retain some comfort. With any header you're going to get more sound. The larger tubing will produce peak power on the gas which will be less than 1% of the time but make even more noise the other 99%. So do you want the fastest 8.1 HD in the land or to be able to drive it daily without excess noise. Either way it's going to be louder but your plan to use the stock muffler in the 99% mode might make the 2" tubes livable. Another point to consider is the smaller tubes will make torque at a lower RPM off the gas, so they would be more streetable and give better MPG.

 

Decide how many tenths it's worth and decide which is more important.

 

Vernon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.