F-1 race disgust

R Dogg 56

It does suck, but Michelin shouldn't be faulted for this. Michelin apparently offered to fly new tires in but the FIA declined due to a rule that says teams are only allowed one set of tires per weekend. The FIA should be faulted for this in full due to thier hard-nosed approach. I side with the teams here, no sense compromising a driver's (or several) life, and the car that cost a pretty penny to make, just to race a full field.

The FIA shot themselves in the foot at trying to gain any respect here in the USA. They say that the FIA covets the American market. If this is true, they should show this by offering a full refund to all the people who attended the race. They could have easily put up the chicane in that turn to make it safe for everyone. I don't fault Michelin, as blue2kzr2 mentioned, they offered to fly in replacement tires. The only people to blame are the FIA.

Oh well,

More power to Nascar. :cheers:

I did not hear that Michelin was willing to fly in replacement tires for the cars. Thanks to blue2kzr2 for adding this. :eek::cheers:

I retract my statement about faulting Michelin. :D

And the NASCAR race yesterday was interesting. The only major incidents that I saw were Brian Vickers (?) hiiting the water barrier at the entrance to Pit Lane, and Sterling Marlin's motor asploding and allowing for a small oil fire. Glad everyone was okay afterwards. Did you guys see "Batman" and the "Batmobile" at the start? I would love to have that back axle on a truck. :eek::D

I was reading the FIA was blaming the teams for not having their second set of tires be different from the first set. Supposedly if they'd of had the less sticky, all weather, all condition set from Michilen they would of been able to run. Probably would of been a crappy race then, but atleast they'd of had a decent number fielded.

Archived