Man and his wife...

Scyry

Here is the link: Man Forgets His Wife

ROME, Italy (Reuters) -- A Macedonian man left his wife at an Italian service station and only realized he had driven off without her six hours later, news agency Ansa said.

The couple, who were travelling with their 4-year-old daughter, pulled over for petrol in the coastal city of Pesaro as they were heading back to their home to Germany.

After filling the tank, the husband drove away -- without noticing that his 30-year-old wife, originally from Georgia, had got out of the car to go to the toilet.

The woman, who had no money or documents with her, contacted the police who eventually traced her husband to Milan, some 340 km (210 miles) north of Pesaro, Ansa said.

The husband told police he had not missed his wife because she always sat in the back of the car with their daughter.

Just thought this was worthy of the Jokes section even though it was true.

funny story, but one of my co-workers actually did that. he was driving up north with his wife and one of his friends and stopped at a rest stop, well, while he was inside doing his business his wife told his buddy (who was snoozing in the front seat of the truck that she was going to go to the bathroom..... obviously he fell asleep and they left her behind. Long story short, he got up north, realized she wasn't there and drove the three hours back to the gas station to get there where she was alone in the unheated bathroom in the middle of a wisconsin winter staying warm from the hand dryer.

• 2 weeks later...

Were you talking about my parents?

It happened to us on vacation in the early 80's!

It was in a 76 Chevy crew cab with a camper in the back. (I have the 03'!) We were traveling across country, my parents and 4 of us kids. With my mother being a thrifty person, she always made meals in the back. Whenever it was close to lunchtime, my father would pull in a rest stop and everyone got out to go use the facilities. My mother then would climb in the back and make sandwishes for everyone and everyone would pile back in, some in the cab and some in the front and off we go back on the road with my father at the wheel.

One day we took off, in about 2 hours of driving time, my father got pulled over by the highway patrol who was laughing when he got to the window to tell him he left his wife behind!

Now retired, he still travels but in his nice RV with our mother. Often, we call and ask our father if our mother is with him as we speak! It never dies!!!

Sean

good story Sean, some of those classic family moments are definite keepers. Such as my dad getting frustrated while putting up the Christmas tree one year. Well he bear hugs the tree, and then proceeds to launch it out the front door onto the snow-covered lawn. Seems like anyone new that meets my family ends up hearing that one.

My dad once got off a plane during a layover to go to the bathroom...Problem is, he wasn't supposed to deplane there. We didn't realize it until we were an hour out of Phoenix.

That was an entertaining (and expensive) day to say the least.

Archived