How many of ya have block heaters..

phat97yukon

Hey just a stupid Question..  How many of ya guys have block heaters in your trucks? and actualy use em.. i have a 97 and doesnt have one, not that im overly worried i made it threw the worst of last winter no problemo, just with a optima redtop and a carstarter..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use my block heater every night it goes below -15 C (5 F). I plug it in for 2-3 hours on a timer. It's good for the engine and you get heat a lot quicker.

I use my block heater every night it goes below -15 C (5 F). I plug it in for 2-3 hours on a timer. It's good for the engine and you get heat a lot quicker.

Me too.

I look at that as using Synthetic Oil. May cost a bit more but even if only helps a little its good enough for me. Think of it as preventive maintenance.

:flag:

John

• 1 month later...

Me too.

I look at that as using Synthetic Oil. May cost a bit more but even if only helps a little its good enough for me. Think of it as preventive maintenance.

:cheers:

John

I've got one...never used it though. It never gets cold enough around Vancouver.

Enjoy the rest of your winter boys! :thumbs:

Later.

Ive got one..............I use it only if its going to get real cold at night.........-15 or more.

I run synthetic as well................costs a bit more but I only change my oil every 10K........and change filter at 5k intervals.......... :D

• 1 month later...

I've never used them on my trucks, even here in MN :chevy: I am parked in a garage overnight most of the time, and it usually doesn't get any colder in it than 15. I do have synthetic as well though which helps after being parked outside after a long day's work. :seeya:

• 1 month later...

I've got 2, the stock block heater and an oil pan heater, using synthetic 0W40 in the winter... it goes down to -40 here in the winter so i can use all the help i can get starting my truck(that and my landlord pays for the electrical bill on the posts in the parking lot).

• 3 weeks later...

I have one in truck (basically standard equipment in Canada.... :confused: ).

don't use it though.

But I did replace the stupid 600CCA battery and put in a 1200 CCA. It always turns over and fast, even on the coldest days (-35C).

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived