alignment

The tires are wearing on the inside & outside edges on both lt & rt tires. I took it to the car dealer about 700 miles ago and they said it was a little out of line. They just wanted me to watch to see if it wore after they aligned the front and rotated the tires.This truck is almost like new and there is no way I have knocked it out of alignment. Another guy at work is having the exact same problem. I called Bridgestone to see if there was a problem with the tires and they referred me to a local Bridgestone dealer to have it checked. They found the truck was out of line on the camber and the toe. I took it back to the dealer yesterday and since the service manager was off I am going to have to call him back tomorrow. The mechanic told me they do not have the 2005 alignment specs on the machine and that a local aligment shop is where they sent my coworker to get his truck checked. I do not know why they adjusted my truck without the correct specs on the machine. Sorry about the long story, but I just want to let others know about the problem I am going through.

When I talked to my alignment guy he said the chevy 4x4 wear that way. He said every one he sees comes from the factory with the camber a little off. He has one, and has been trying like hell to get it aligned where the tires will wear evenly. His advice was to monitor tire pressure and rotate frequently.

I have never had a vehicle that has worn tires this quickly. I am going to call tomorrow and see what the service manager says. I know that a vehicle is going to wear tires a little, but this has surprised me how soon it has shown wear. It would be different if I abused the truck or went off roading to the extreme.

HI - if there are updated alignment specs and the shop is willing to share them, I would be interested. I posted on other tire wear questions and the comment about " they all do that" was word for word what the shop told me.

Oh - 2002 Silverado Reg Cab - 8Foot Bed, auto trans, manual 4X4, snow plow prep - kind of a 1 up truck with the 16inch C rated Firestones.

Thanks

Mike

My 02 Sierra has 76Kon the clock. Been aligned once at 17k. Still has the tires on it that were on at the 1st alignmnent. Only the rears are ready for new rubber. I had a Hyundai that wore the tires off the front in 8k miles.Pitched a fit to the manufacturer(the dealer told me to go screw) and they paid for 4 new and the alignment too. I would put up a real fight with the dealer and if that won't work go to the top. Good Luck.

The owner of the alignment shop said the reason for the wear was the camber & toe were out of spec. The tires were inflated to 35psi, which is the pressure the mfr suggested. The Duelers seem to a soft tire which also makes them a faster wearing tire.

The tires are wearing on the inside & outside edges on both lt & rt tires. I took it to the car dealer about 700 miles ago and they said it was a little out of line. They just wanted me to watch to see if it wore after they aligned the front and rotated the tires.This truck is almost like new and there is no way I have knocked it out of alignment. Another guy at work is having the exact same problem. I called Bridgestone to see if there was a problem with the tires and they referred me to a local Bridgestone dealer to have it checked. They found the truck was out of line on the camber and the toe. I took it back to the dealer yesterday and since the service manager was off I am going to have to call him back tomorrow. The mechanic told me they do not have the 2005 alignment specs on the machine and that a local aligment shop is where they sent my coworker to get his truck checked. I do not know why they adjusted my truck without the correct specs on the machine. Sorry about the long story, but I just want to let others know about the problem I am going through.

In my experience, only about half of alignments are actually done right, the rest are done wrong and actually make things worse.

Archived