Need installer in NY/NJ area

Harvey Halabookie

My speedometer started acting erratic over the last few weeks and now it just doesn't work. I have an extended warranty through Warranty Warehouse so I called the GMC dealership. They said they will remove the cluster and send out for repair for $400, and my warranty will cover this. I asked the warranty company if I could purchase a new (aftermarket w/ trans temp gage) for $299 and put in myself. They said no, it has to go to a licensed repair facility.

I tried a few places and they do not deal with the clusters. I think it is a matter of getting the correct mileage put in. The warranty place said I can get a new cluster put in if an authorized facility will put it in for under $400.

Any ideas on where to go?

Thanks.

I bought a new cluster for my truck and installed it myself. I put in a new one from SOT Electronics in Concord, California, 1-800-442-4491. They are a certified GM electronics repair place. The guy there for the GM Clusters is Chris Jenter. My speedo was erattic also, I could have sent it in for repair, about $90-$150, or buy a new one with a temp guage for $260. I bought a new Cadillac Escalade cluster. I sent him my old one and he gave me $40 back because he can use it as a core. He also programs the hours and miles in for you at no charge. All I had to do is remove the dash cover around the guage and radio. It has no bolts, it just really pulls straight out. Then undo four bolts on the cluster, one in each corner. Pull it out and undo the one electrical connector. Thats how simple it is. It took almost 10 minutes to remove the old one and install the new one.

Archived