PCV Valve location on 2002 Yukon

jmc5000

Question

Hello,

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where the PCV valve is located on my 2002 Yukon XL (5.3L V8). The diagram on the air cleaner box is not detailed enough for me. I removed the plastic valve cover hood (says Vortec on it) and am still not sure where it is!

Thanks,

Jerry

0 answers to this question

If the OEM was a fixed orfice thats the updated correct one. There is no need to replace it. 2004 up are built into the cylinder head.

Interesting... I recall someone telling me at one point there was a recall on it and every time I get an oil change they tell me I should replace the valve... I saved the original and will clean it up and put'r back in. Thanks!

If it's the same as my '99 5.3 pick-up it is at the back of the drivers side valve cover. There is a black rubber hose with the PCV at the end of it. It just pushes in to a rubber o-ring in the valve cover. You don't need to remove anything to get to it.

I'm still not seeing it. There's a small hose that comes off that side of valve cover that goes into firewall and then a larger hose that looks like it leads into a large canister (master cylinder?) . What size hose should I be looking for?

Thanks again - these new cars have me dumbfounded!

Found it on second look... however, replacement part (Purolater) fits but looks like different in that it has a floating pin-like piece in it whereas the part I removed, possibly factory, has only a small hole in the valve cover side and no internal part. Did I install the correct PCV valve?

Archived