I finished my Nav, Lux and changer upgrade on my 2004 Yukon. Many Many thanks for all the great info and help.

My buddy wants to upgrade to a Nav on his new 07 Yukon with Bose Premium. We have found a 07 Nav part# 15882766. {It came out of a 07 Tahoe}

Hoping this would be plug and play, but not much info out there.

• 1 year later...
I finished my Nav, Lux and changer upgrade on my 2004 Yukon. Many Many thanks for all the great info and help.

My buddy wants to upgrade to a Nav on his new 07 Yukon with Bose Premium. We have found a 07 Nav part# 15882766. {It came out of a 07 Tahoe}

Hope this helps!

For anybody that owns a new 2007 Tahoe/Suburban or Avalanche with Bose (all front bucket seat equipped units have Bose speaker/amp system) and wishes to install the factory OEM Denso Navigation system here is a complete set of instruction and list of parts to accomplish the job:

First off you’ll need the head unit part #15882767 if your vehicle does NOT have factory DVD or 15882766 if you DO have factory DVD, I have seen these sell on Ebay for under $600 including shipping.

You’ll also need the GPS antenna part #15201798 these sell for about $50 at the dealership.

Rear back-up camera part #15173619.

And finally you’ll need the GM 2007 Map DVD part #15934919 for the most current release (v2.0) or 15807780 for the earlier version (v1.10) the changes are very minimal and mostly in the eastern regions.

The install is straight forward:

Remove the wood trim panel surrounding the radio and HVAC controls, there are 9 clips holding it to the dash and they are stubborn, be careful not to ding the edge of the stereo when prying this off.

Next, remove the fasteners holding the head unit (10mm heads).

Now remove the A-pillar covers by prying the access plug out on driver side and remove the fastener(s), remove the grab handle on the passenger’s side and unplug the tweeter leads.

Pry the front top dash trim panel up (5 clips total) and unplug the photocell light sensor, you‘ll see just to the right of the center there is a square area with a clip built in that holds the GPS antenna, snap it into place and fish the wire down towards the head unit, you may have to remove the glove box which is easy and you can figure it out in a glance.

Now reinstall the head unit and the trim pieces.

The unit will show a blue screen and the words THEFTLOCK, don’t be alarmed this is good.

Now you’ll have to take it to the dealer or have access to a Tech-2 device and TIS programs to accomplish the programming/learning procedure.

With Tech-2 connected to the vehicle go to the Service Programming mode and select “get vehicle information” and follow the prompts to download the module info into Tech-2.

Now disconnect Tech-2 and connect it to the Techline TIS computer and enter SPS menu select “radio” and then it will ask you a few questions regarding the radio, amp rear camera, etc, the only tricky one is make sure to select “w/o Y91 option the 2 times it asks and also select “region 1 NTCS” when you get to that screen when done in the menu download the programming and then connect Tech-2 back up and install the software when done turn ignition off , unplug Tech-2 and wait at least 30 seconds to turn the key back on and your done.

In addition to the items listed, you will also need the VSS wire/harness. JP Customs can fabricate it for about $45 including shipping. This will allow the GPS to correctly operate. If it is not installed, you will not have voice guidance and when you go under structures, tunnels, etc., the VSS signal keeps the NAV system moving based on your speed, when the satellite is obstructed.

• 2 weeks later...
In addition to the items listed, you will also need the VSS wire/harness. JP Customs can fabricate it for about $45 including shipping. This will allow the GPS to correctly operate. If it is not installed, you will not have voice guidance and when you go under structures, tunnels, etc., the VSS signal keeps the NAV system moving based on your speed, when the satellite is obstructed.

Hi;

I do have Acadia SLT-2 without navigation radio. Can I order the same kit for Tahoe. I'm planing to order the Factoty nav. from jpcustoms but they told me that voice recognition won't work. Is there a way out to make it working. Is there an installation maunal for this..

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I bought a navigation unit (part# 15940102) but when I got it home I discovered that the box was examined by customs and it seems they used a razor knife to open the plastic wrapping and they sratched the screen lense and part of the outer bezel so badly!! Please dont tell me write a complain, its a waste of time to just prove that its their fault! now I need to just buy a lense and a bezel, can I buy them separately???

Please help me!! I am very frustrated!!

• 3 weeks later...
Okay quick question, I bought the harness for the Nav unit trying to install the voice and VSS stuff, but can not find the wires to t it in. Can anyone instruct on where to locate and color of wires. I have the Bose setup.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

so what does the vss do with the gps, does it supply power also? i have an 07 crew cab z71 4x4 LTZ with Bose that i added the Nav to. So far everything is working except the gps, it hase a line tru it on the Nav sreen. Do i need the VSS wire mod from jpCustoms?

thanks,

Andy

• 5 months later...

Hi, thanks for posting this info, very, very helpful. I own a 2007 avalanche LT3 with bose system and rear entertainment system. I'm currently bidding on a navigation upgrade for my truck (GM Part#15882766) on ebay. Now, the seller states that I need to reset the bin at the dealer which should be fine but, do you know if these trucks are prewired for the backup camera? I was planning on installing one, but not if I need to wire it all the way from the stereo to the back.

Your info would be greatly appreciated, My local dealer has zero knowledge about the upgrade, they first told me it could not be done.

Thanks!

Hope this helps!

For anybody that owns a new 2007 Tahoe/Suburban or Avalanche with Bose (all front bucket seat equipped units have Bose speaker/amp system) and wishes to install the factory OEM Denso Navigation system here is a complete set of instruction and list of parts to accomplish the job:

First off you'll need the head unit part #15882767 if your vehicle does NOT have factory DVD or 15882766 if you DO have factory DVD, I have seen these sell on Ebay for under $600 including shipping.

You'll also need the GPS antenna part #15201798 these sell for about $50 at the dealership.

And finally you'll need the GM 2007 Map DVD part #15934919 for the most current release (v2.0) or 15807780 for the earlier version (v1.10) the changes are very minimal and mostly in the eastern regions.

Remove the wood trim panel surrounding the radio and HVAC controls, there are 9 clips holding it to the dash and they are stubborn, be careful not to ding the edge of the stereo when prying this off.

Now remove the A-pillar covers by prying the access plug out on driver side and remove the fastener(s), remove the grab handle on the passenger's side and unplug the tweeter leads.

Pry the front top dash trim panel up (5 clips total) and unplug the photocell light sensor, you'll see just to the right of the center there is a square area with a clip built in that holds the GPS antenna, snap it into place and fish the wire down towards the head unit, you may have to remove the glove box which is easy and you can figure it out in a glance.

The unit will show a blue screen and the words THEFTLOCK, don't be alarmed this is good.

Now you'll have to take it to the dealer or have access to a Tech-2 device and TIS programs to accomplish the programming/learning procedure.

With Tech-2 connected to the vehicle go to the Service Programming mode and select "get vehicle information" and follow the prompts to download the module info into Tech-2.

Now disconnect Tech-2 and connect it to the Techline TIS computer and enter SPS menu select "radio" and then it will ask you a few questions regarding the radio, amp rear camera, etc, the only tricky one is make sure to select "w/o Y91 option the 2 times it asks and also select "region 1 NTCS" when you get to that screen when done in the menu download the programming and then connect Tech-2 back up and install the software when done turn ignition off , unplug Tech-2 and wait at least 30 seconds to turn the key back on and your done.

Hi, I know it's been a while since your post but, I'm about to upgrade to navi on my 07 avalanche, Did you ever figure out about the VSS cable?

any info would begreately appreciated.

Thanks!

' date='Jun 12 2007, 11:29 AM']Okay quick question, I bought the harness for the Nav unit trying to install the voice and VSS stuff, but can not find the wires to t it in. Can anyone instruct on where to locate and color of wires. I have the Bose setup.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

There is a store on ebay called A and T auto. He sells a VSS harness with a voice recognition harness and a video plug. You can get it for 50-75 dollars. He is the only one who I know has the real deal. I bought my disc and harness from him and everything works great. If you search navigation harness on ebay it will come up.

• 3 years later...

JPSR- as far as the antenna goes, do you by chance have photos how to install it and if not do you have instructions? Also I have seen on many threads that a vss harness is required. What do you know about this. I have an 07 LTZ suburban with bose and 6 disc OEM cd changer. I bought a OEM navigation cd radio from an individual that came off of a 2007 LTZ Avalanche.

any help would be greatly appreciated. my email address is [email protected]

Hope this helps!

First off you'll need the head unit part #15882767 if your vehicle does NOT have factory DVD or 15882766 if you DO have factory DVD, I have seen these sell on Ebay for under $600 including shipping.

You'll also need the GPS antenna part #15201798 these sell for about $50 at the dealership.

And finally you'll need the GM 2007 Map DVD part #15934919 for the most current release (v2.0) or 15807780 for the earlier version (v1.10) the changes are very minimal and mostly in the eastern regions.

Now remove the A-pillar covers by prying the access plug out on driver side and remove the fastener(s), remove the grab handle on the passenger's side and unplug the tweeter leads.

Pry the front top dash trim panel up (5 clips total) and unplug the photocell light sensor, you'll see just to the right of the center there is a square area with a clip built in that holds the GPS antenna, snap it into place and fish the wire down towards the head unit, you may have to remove the glove box which is easy and you can figure it out in a glance.

The unit will show a blue screen and the words THEFTLOCK, don't be alarmed this is good.

Now you'll have to take it to the dealer or have access to a Tech-2 device and TIS programs to accomplish the programming/learning procedure.

With Tech-2 connected to the vehicle go to the Service Programming mode and select "get vehicle information" and follow the prompts to download the module info into Tech-2.

Now disconnect Tech-2 and connect it to the Techline TIS computer and enter SPS menu select "radio" and then it will ask you a few questions regarding the radio, amp rear camera, etc, the only tricky one is make sure to select "w/o Y91 option the 2 times it asks and also select "region 1 NTCS" when you get to that screen when done in the menu download the programming and then connect Tech-2 back up and install the software when done turn ignition off , unplug Tech-2 and wait at least 30 seconds to turn the key back on and your done.

Archived