Opinions on exhaust style

I am looking into a supertruck style set up for my shortbed. I like the styling of the dual tip and the exit in front of the rear tire.

I am worried this will too loud for my taste and ruin my ride on the highway.

I am also looking for some opinions/pros/cons of other exit points and styled tips.

Thanks

I would be wary about having the exhaust exit just in front of the rear tire.

Ford ran the exhaust that way on the '97 F-150s and they had problems with the aluminum wheels bluing over time. Apparently the exhaust gasses cause the wheel to blue over time.

Ford issued a recall the moved the tailpipe behind the rear wheels and it fixed the problem

If it were me Id run the exhaust straight out the back. :confused:

I have mine coming out just behind the rear wheels. I have straight pipes and it is plenty loud of you get on it. Its really not that loud when driving normal and at highway speeds.

No problems with my Gibson Super Truck system. It's got a nice growl to it, but I don't think it is excessively loud. I always thought the length of pipes would make a big difference, but the muffler really does its job. My buddies F-150 with Flowmaster 40's run straight out the back is far noisier than my truck.

I suppose it really boils down to a matter of taste. That and I'm not particularly worried about my wheel becoming blued as they are to be painted black.

Archived