Jump to content

Attention Paint Guys?

Recommended Posts

you will likely need a promotor to ensure that the paint sticks, or at least scuff up the surface with fine sandpaper. then you will need a paint that works with plastics. I think the stuff's called "fusion" or similiar. both rust-oleum and Krylon have it. dunno about actual car paint manufacturers tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go to your local DuPont or PPG auto paint supply store and they'll be able to show you what to use. There are several plastic adhesion promotors out there. Then just paint with paint to match your paint code. The paint shop will know what type of paint works best on plastics. Usually poly-urethane type paints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

    Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 477 Guests (See full list)

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.