Brakes

I was wondering if anybody has had this same thing with there trucks , mine is a 2003 GMC 2500 HD extra cab 4X4 , last june they replaced the rotors on the back becouse at 20,000 miles there was nothing left to them , they looked like something that might have had 90,000 on them ! now at 26,300 miles i thought that the front were giving me trouble so when my son took my truck over to put my summers on he checked them out for me , well the front he said still look really good but he said the back are only hitting in the center and they pads are pretty bad ! i had just started with in 1,000 miles ago my brake pedal would just about go to the floor when i would stop at the bottom of my driveway and would also pulsate like the ABS was coming on , i just can't beleive that with in 6,000 miles the rotors would be gone again ! they told at the dealers when they fixed it the first time that in the owners book it said that you had to lube they sliders every so many miles but i'll be dam i sure can't find it . i haven't taken it back yet to them but was woundering if anybody else has had the same problems with there brakes ? this just doesn't seem right ! Thanks for any info you guys cane give me !

Dude these brakes suck!!!!!!!! i also have an '03 2500ld, 37000mi and there SHOT!!!!!!!!! vibrate when commin to a stop, not sure if its the front or rear, mabye both!!!!im gonna call GM and see if they will help me on the cost of replacment, its worth a shot i've got a big trip planned in july towing a 30ft travel trailer, so i'll have them done by then!

Good luck with GM , when i had the rear done i found out after that the service manger got canned because he was putting stuff under warranty when it wasn't , like my brakes , they don't cover anything , rotors , pads what not , i understand not covering the pads but the rotors thats diffrent . i haven't had a good chance to look at them just threw the wheel but the centers of the rotors are what is wearing but like isaid i haven't had a chance to really look at the pads but my son said they wern't the best , anyhow the front seem to be good , wearing fine so its something to do at least in my truck with just the rear and since i wrote the other day the brakes have gotton worse they now sem to go all the way to the floor almost everytime ! it stops but not a nice feeling ! maybe i should just take it back to the dealers and put it in the showroom and just say sorry the brakes failed again ! but anyhow i will be getting aholed of the dealer that did it the first time and see what they say . if you hear anything from GM or your dealer let me know ! thanks and good luck !

My patrol vehicle is a 2004 Yukon with 92,500 miles and I am still on the original brakes, I thought that was pretty good for a law enforcement rig that gets braked hard quite often.

I made it to 128,000 on my 98 Chevy before having to replace the front brakes.

My patrol vehicle is a 2004 Yukon with 92,500 miles and I am still on the original brakes, I thought that was pretty good for a law enforcement rig that gets braked hard quite often.

I made it to 128,000 on my 98 Chevy before having to replace the front brakes.

Oh yeah, by the way, my truck has 140,000 (one hundred and forty thousand) miles on it.

HAHA, my patrol cars have never had the brakes last very long, warped rotors the whole bit.....but then again I have always had crown vics. Getting ready to get a new charger though.... :tear:

I went through a lot of brakes when I had a C-Vic. What was weird was that I went through more rear brakes than fronts, by a 2-1 margin. I think it may have been the traction control deal it had. All I know is that crown really sucked in the snow and backcountry.

I just need to convince them to get me a CCSB D-Max for my next pig rig.

Well our bosses have a Burb that the bureau confiscated from a dealer. I've driven it on the road one night and it was fairly comfortable, it's just like a bus when it comes to stopping. Our accident investigators got an Expedition this year and I took that out last week and it's not bad. As for the Vic's, we do tend to go through brakes pretty darn frequently in our semi-urban jungle.

I don't know if they changed anything or not but this is just stupid ! 6,000 miles and there gone again ! just hard to believe that everything is ok , the dealer hasn't gotton back to me yet . I don't ride my brakes or step on them hard and there not warped just all worn in the mid. of the rotor ( back ones ) and the pads the same way of course , the front is showing wear but not bad , but the part i really don't is it makes it feel like the ABS is on and it also feels like the truck picks up speed before it starts to slow down ! this really kind of gets to you the first few times it happens ! also i won't let my wife or son drive it till it gets fixed which could take sometime the way GM drags there feet !

My rear brakes were gone at 29000 miles along with there rotars.I was told at the dealer that the rear brakes will go before the front brakes on these trucks.Was also told that the disk pad on one of the sides will stick to the rotar and wear out.Salt might seam to trigger this problem.I thought I felt the rear brakes dragging early last winter.In Connecticut they use plenty of salt and also last year I used this truck for beach Camping .To rub salt in my wound I accidently threw a board into my rear window taking it out.I just traded my 2500HD for a new 3500 extended cab.4250 in rebates and they ate the brake job.I will watch these brakes .

I have 116000 miles on my 2001 2500HD ext cab Silverado. The brakes have not given me any trouble. I looked at them the other day and the pads are still about 3/4 inch thick. Also got 47000 miles on original tires, then went to Bridgestone tires and got 64000 on them. This truck is rock solid.

A guy i know and just ran into the other day has a chevy ,( mine is GMC ) got his almost the same time and he told me he got 60,000 miles on his pads and rotors ! this is just weird , some get more some about the same . I still say there is something wrong in the brakeing system i stopped at the dealer today and service mang. was out so they coulded help me, all the guy said was i needed to make sure i lubed the slides on the calibers every time i did a oil change ( heard this once before ) said it's in the book ! what a bunch of crap ! anyhow i hope to talk to this guy this week and see what can be done about it , now if you put your foot on pedel to fast or a little hard when you go to shift into gear it will kick back at you ! there is something really wrong with these brakes.

A guy i know and just ran into the other day has a chevy ,( mine is GMC ) got his almost the same time and he told me he got 60,000 miles on his pads and rotors ! this is just weird , some get more some about the same . I still say there is something wrong in the brakeing system i stopped at the dealer today and service mang. was out so they coulded help me, all the guy said was i needed to make sure i lubed the slides on the calibers every time i did a oil change ( heard this once before ) said it's in the book ! what a bunch of crap ! anyhow i hope to talk to this guy this week and see what can be done about it , now if you put your foot on pedel to fast or a little hard when you go to shift into gear it will kick back at you ! there is something really wrong with these brakes.

My brake pedal will jump back a little it I press it while starting the truck, but this is because the brake is assisted by the power steering pump and not vacuum assisted.

Archived