I found this quite an entertaining read. His thoughts on Kyle Busch's reaction to getting taken out of the Coke 600 via accident.

From ESPN.com "Rusty Nail's it":

--------

"Then there's Kyle Busch. He was a total hothead.

He needs somebody to kick his ass. Casey Mears got loose and spun into Busch, but he didn't have any intention of hitting him. Then Busch came out there and slung part of his HANS at Mears.

If I had been there I'd have stopped, backed up and got out of the car, and smacked Busch's face off. Then I would have gotten back in the car and took off.

That was a ridiculous and embarrassing move. Seriously though, the problem is he keeps doing this stuff. You would think he would learn, but he just keeps doing it. I don't like it when somebody disrespects the sport, and that's what he's doing right now.

And it's all because he got mad."

We're talking about Kyle Busch, not Kurt.

I agree with you though, I cant stand Kurt Busch. Ever since he won the championship he turned into an arrogant little puke.

Does anyone else think its sooo wrong for a man with the last name "Busch" to be driving the Miller car?

Its not just Kyle Busch though, all the drivers have turned into cockey little hotheads, IMO.

Rusty made his fair share of bonehead moves over the years, its not as if he has any room to talk.

I totally agree!!!!!!

I agree also,Mark Martin has been ruffling a few feathers lately himself,Like at the All-Star race last week when he made those comments about Kasey Kahne "losing it" in the turn and taking him out.

Martin said something like "I know how to control my car,I don't lose it".Well I've seen him "lose it" a few times over the years,Shouldn't he be retired by now! :cheers:

Mark was never going to retire completely, he was going to move down to the truck series, but then Kyle Busch lost his ride with Roush due to getting a DUI (and other problems) and Jack Roush asked Mark to stay on for another year.

You are right, Mark has "lost it" a few times but you've gotta admit that he is one of the smartest racers on the circuit.

Mark might be getting a little old, but he is still one of the most well-conditioned drivers in NASCAR. I dunno if you have ever seen him in real life, but he is not a little guy. He is short, but he has a lot of muscle.

Its not just Kyle Busch though, all the drivers have turned into cockey little hotheads, IMO.

Rusty made his fair share of bonehead moves over the years, its not as if he has any room to talk.

I totally agree!!!!!!

I agree also,Mark Martin has been ruffling a few feathers lately himself,Like at the All-Star race last week when he made those comments about Kasey Kahne "losing it" in the turn and taking him out.

Martin said something like "I know how to control my car,I don't lose it".Well I've seen him "lose it" a few times over the years,Shouldn't he be retired by now! :cheers:

Granted, he has "lost it" a fair share over the years. But I don't see where just making that one statement makes him a hothead. The man's been one of the sport's nicest, most respectable driver's for 18+ years. I think we could forgive just one slip here and there.

Plus he just made an off-color comment. That's a little different than taking aim with your hans device, or your helmet, or your middle finger.

But (as most of you know), I wear that ol' #6 hat every weekend, so you know where I stand. :crackup:

But don't get me wrong... 90% of them drivers are hotheads. I can count the "good-uns" in Nextel cup on one hand.

I honestly dont get the point of throwing your helmet at someone's car while you are on-camera. Why not wait until after the race, go to their hauler and voice your anger with them?

If nothing else, why dont these drivers just wait untill the next race and if someone wronged them in a previous race just give them a little tap on the bumper going into a corner and put them in the wall. At least that way it isnt so obvious.

I understand their frustration, but I think they need to stop and think about how poor of a representative they are for their sponsors when they let their temper get the best of them.

Easier said that done. Cause when your that mad, you don't think of the sponsers or the fans. You just think of the *hole that just made you crash your car and cost you tons of money. But I do agree that they shouldn't go out on a race track, while the cars are still racing to throw a helmet at the guy. That don't prove anything.

I agree its easier said that done. Look at it this way though, if you were at your job, someone made you mad and you threw something at them, youd probably get fired, right? Youve gotta control your emotions.

Like I said, why throw your helmet and get yourself in trouble when you could just wait untill the next race and give them a little tap on the bumper going into a corner and just return them the favor? At least that way it would be so obvious that you had it out for that person and you could just say they "checked-up" going into that corner and you "accidentially" ran into the back of them.

Its like the one race at Bristol about 8 years ago when Earnhardt Sr put Terry Labonte into the wall on the last lap. His comment was, "I was just gonna rattle his cage, I didnt mean to put him into the wall." Suuuuuure, Dale. Whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that he shouldn't of gone out on the track and throw the helmet. That was stupid. I'm just talking about the ones that bad mouth others before they have a chance to cool down and think about how to deal with the other person. And it seems the cameras see everything and try to get the drivers worked up even more.

I totally agree with you. The media almost seems like they try to stir stuff up instead of just giving the drivers time to cool off and collect themselves.

Not to change the subject, but did any of you happen to catch the IRL race today? Same thing, drivers whining about how the other guy is an idiot and took them out on purpose. Danica Patrick and Marco Andretti were whining that Eddie Cheever took them both out (in seperate incidents).

Well that's IRL racin' for ya.

Marco Andretti's a lost cause, he's got hothead syndrome he inherited from his father.

Danica's an attractive young lady, and she can race. But she's not too keen on the sportsmanship part of the deal. At the season finale last year she got taken out and she laid into the other guy during the ambulance ride to the infield care center. (Mind you, the other guy was in a stretcher)

Archived