Electrical Problems

To start I would like to thank anyone looking as this post or even replying :)

Well, it goes like this ..

I have a 1998 S-10 4-Door Blazer ..

1st problem is this, I constantly have the Red 10-Amp fuse labeled Courtesy Lamps always blowing. Sometimes is right away others it a tiny bit down the road. (like you actually fixed the issue because it doesn't blow, but right when you go anywhere, it blows). I started troubleshooting small. Checked other fuses, understanding what is all connected to that circuit. The courtesy lights are, the overhead North South readouts, garage door opener, 4 HI 4 LO 2 HI, and I am sure there is more. I replaced some bulbs under the dash, I replaced the door pin switches, I tried leaving the bulbs out and still no luck ..

Any Ideas ?????

2nd problem is this, which maybe a growing concern. My Combination flasher relay switch (part number 11516051) is intermittently making that clicking sound like you have the hazards on or are signaling. I thought it was a faulty relay (located under the passenger side by the glove box) so I replaced it. It still doesn't work. My signals operate to my knowledge correctly.

Any Ideas ?????

To start I would like to thank anyone looking as this post or even replying  :D

Well, it goes like this ..

I have a 1998 S-10 4-Door Blazer ..

1st problem is this, I constantly have the Red 10-Amp fuse labeled Courtesy Lamps always blowing.  Sometimes is right away others it a tiny bit down the road. (like you actually fixed the issue because it doesn't blow, but right when you go anywhere, it blows).  I started troubleshooting small.  Checked other fuses, understanding what is all connected to that circuit.  The courtesy lights are, the overhead North South readouts, garage door opener, 4 HI 4 LO 2 HI, and I am sure there is more.  I replaced some bulbs under the dash, I replaced the door pin switches, I tried leaving the bulbs out and still no luck ..

Any Ideas ?????

2nd problem is this, which maybe a growing concern. My Combination flasher relay switch (part number 11516051) is intermittently making that clicking sound like you have the hazards on or are signaling. I thought it was a faulty relay (located under the passenger side by the glove box) so I replaced it.  It still doesn't work.  My signals operate to my knowledge correctly.

Any Ideas ?????

:flag:

Well I can help with the second problem since i had the same problem with a 99 blazer them turn signal switch is going bad on you. rec seraching ebay for one i bought mine on ebay for about 1/4 of the cost new. It took awhile to replace you have to rip the column apart to change it. highly rec a manual i used a chiltons and it had a sec on replacing the exact switch.

Matt

2003 silverado 4x4

2005 colorado z71

2006 jayco jay feather sport

Archived