Bank of America 500/Oct.

CapitalTruck

• 4 weeks later...

You all camping? Three friends and I are coming down Friday night and staying through Sunday, Rock City campground. I got a fee schedule for portable toilets...do we have to get one of those? (or are there public restrooms in the campground?)

Either way, we should all crack a few beers together somewhere.

Sure I wont be there on Thursday but ill be at the track Friday and Saturday.

No,We're not camping,We usually get to the track on Saturday morning around 11-11:30,We fire-up the grill not long after that and just tailgate all day 'til about 5-5:30 and then head into the track.

Can't answer your question on the restrooms for sure but I don't think there are public restrooms there,Just lotsa' porta-johns!

I know where Rock City campground is,Its on Speedway Blvd.,almost across the way from Tom Johnson's camping center,Your going to be far away from where we are,we park off of Morehead Rd. up from Hendrick's race shop.

Check out this map....Lowe's Motor Speedway parking map

If you look on the bottom-left,where its aqua in color,thats where you'll be,now look to the upper-right just a little,where its green in color and says "NON-SPEEDWAY DAILY PARKING",thats where I'll be,It looks like we can just walk over to each other but we can't,that white thats around us blocks us from walking to each other,there are houses and fences that block it,we would have to walk a few miles around to get to each other.

If you want to try and get together I have no problem with that,sounds like fun,I just wanted to let you know that it might be a walk!

By the way,have you ever been down to Lowe's Motor Speedway before?

Later,Rich

Archived