After market goodies

tbyrne

Depends on what your uses for the truck will be.  I'm sure since our truck is used for work our most important things will be much much different than for somebody who has their truck to off-road or look pretty.

In my opinion, the most important things are a good rear bumper/hitch and running boards, but I'm sure thats different than most people.

K&N FIPK or at least a "drop in" air filter.  Step bars or running boards.  Spray-in bed liner.  Bug deflector (although it won't stop bugs but does help with chipped paint).  Good floor mats (CatchAlls - (carpeted) or Husky - (rubber)).  

How much more of your money do you want me to spen???

As mentioned about it depends on what you will be using your truck for. If your looking for more you can go with a highflow induction like the Volant, Airaid or K+N FIPK. Exhaust mods are also good to help the motor breath better. We're waiting for some more manufacturers to come out with catbacks for the 8.1, but The Other Guys long tube headers (yup, that's their name) are available for this motor and I'll be installing a set on my 8.1 Suburban when it comes in. JBA has a shorty design available too. Hypertech's programmer will give you a more aggressive fuel and ignition curve and all also allow you to raise the rev-limiter, recalibrate for different tires, turn the fans on earlier as well as a few other features. Aftermarket heads and cams should see be available if you are looking for a really noticeable horsepower gain.

Tom

2001 Supercharged 6.0 Suburban- for sale! -15.87 @ 88.41

2002 8.1 Suburban - coming soon!

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

Archived