Pics of Camper Shells

curly

Post up pics of your camper shells on your trucks.

I am debating on buying one since the 'puppy' isn't that much of a puppy anymore and he needs room to move around while we travel. We have a chocolate lab that will be nine months tomorrow and is weighing in at 82lbs (he's a pretty big boy) and I'm sure he has some growing and filling out to do. I have seen a Leer that I like (side windows w/ pop-out rear side glass for ventilation and cab height) but want to see more. I'm hoping I can find one used after the holidays are over and I have cash in the 'toy fund' again.

I personally don't care for cab height shells. I like that extra little height for climbing in and out (don't crack my head or back as much). I've got sliding windows up front and on the side. I keep the front one open all the time and adjust the sides for the dogs depending on outside temps.

Mine's a Century brand. Had it about 5 years now. Seems to be holding up well, even with the abuse of washboard roads and flexing on rutted mountain roads.

Only pic I've really got online right now.

P3180002.jpg

I have the Lear Cap that you are talking about... I realy like it and it fits the lines of the truck nicely.

Sorry but I don't have any pics of it, but I'll see what I can find... the pics were all on my old computer, and are now on a CD somewhere.

This pic is the cap I have from the Leer website...

sierracrewcab100xl.jpg

58gmt100xl.jpg

I used to have one from ARE that I liked a lot. I think it was thier MX Series.

1500HD.jpg

1500HD2.jpg

I used to think that cab-high always looked best but I sure loved having that extra couple of inches. Of the ones I found, this one was tall but still looked as good as the cab-high models did.

I've got a black lab that's 11 months old and 100 lbs.  We are going to start hunt tests this spring and he sill need a big spot to stay while at the test.  I found a couple from Snug top toppers.

WOW... he's a stocky boy! Post some pics of him..... nothing 'prettier' than watching dogs work in trials. Good luck!!

Here's Zakk at 29 weeks... he is now 36 weeks and about 10lbs heavier. He is starting to fill out. He is already heavier than my lab that I had to put down in January due to chronic kidney failure :cool: (11 years old).

Zakk29WeeksIV.jpg

Post up pics of your camper shells on your trucks.

I am debating on buying one since the 'puppy' isn't that much of a puppy anymore and he needs room to move around while we travel. We have a chocolate lab that will be nine months tomorrow and is weighing in at 82lbs (he's a pretty big boy) and I'm sure he has some growing and filling out to do. I have seen a Leer that I like (side windows w/ pop-out rear side glass for ventilation and cab height) but want to see more. I'm hoping I can find one used after the holidays are over and I have cash in the 'toy fund' again.

Hi,

This is a bit ironic, we just bought an 04 2500HD, crew cab, standard box. We got an ARE cap with it, but don't want it. It's their MX Series, with locking flip up rear glass, vented sides and sliding front window. If it's for the truck in your sig, we might could work something out. And it's painted the color of our truck, Charcoal Metallic Grey.

I can try to snap some pics, will have to borrow a dig. camera, ours died about 2 weeks ago. It's looks just like the one kebbler posted above. Just leave your e-mail addy. Also, we are just outside of Raleigh, so not that far away from you. We could even meet halfway if you like.

The only thing wrong with it that I can find thus far. The paint has a small spider web affect near the front drivers corner. Other then that I think it's in pretty good shape. We haven't taken it off yet. We aren't big on caps, we just brought the truck home on Sunday.

Here's ARE's website, http://www.4are.com/

I called ARE and they quoted a $1,8XX price for a new one. The previous owner said he had just gotten this, earlier this year, but almost never used it. He towed on the gooseneck most of the time. How would $1,100 suit you depending of course if you like it?

Will

Archived