2005 Canyon - Opinion ?

Hi.

A friend of mine is considering a 'previousily loved' 2005 Canyon.

It has the 3.7l engine, with only 14000Kms (8750miles). It's a 2wheel drive (he's not interested in 4x4).

Any opinions on this truck? Comments on mpg, etc would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Depends on what your friend wants to use it for. My Colorado (same thing as a Canyon) pulled pretty good and it was somewhat good on the gas (nowhere near epa estimates but I only had to fill up once a week). Only reason I traded it for a 2500hd is that I needed more capacity, bedwise (wider) and cargo. There are times I wish I kept the Colorado cause it was running great when I traded it in. It had the 3.5l 5 cylinder though.

• 2 weeks later...
Depends on what your friend wants to use it for. My Colorado (same thing as a Canyon) pulled pretty good and it was somewhat good on the gas (nowhere near epa estimates but I only had to fill up once a week). Only reason I traded it for a 2500hd is that I needed more capacity, bedwise (wider) and cargo. There are times I wish I kept the Colorado cause it was running great when I traded it in. It had the 3.5l 5 cylinder though.

not until they fix the rough idle cylinder head problems!

I was considering buying one (4X4) when I bought the 'rado but there wasn't enough room in the back for anyone bigger than about 60 pounds.

I liked the truck, had some decant power, ran along nice and, felt pretty road confidant in turns.

If they had had a 4 door version of it there I would have bought it

My next door neighbor has a 2wd 07 with the 4 cyl and he loves it. Its basic with air auto and xm. he gets about 500-600K per tank and its like less than 70 bucks to fill. and from what I have been told the 5 cyl is pretty close to that as well.

They are comfy trucks, not a whole lot of room, but the 4 door is pretty large inside, for a small truck

I was considering buying one (4X4) when I bought the 'rado but there wasn't enough room in the back for anyone bigger than about 60 pounds.

I liked the truck, had some decant power, ran along nice and, felt pretty road confidant in turns.

If they had had a 4 door version of it there I would have bought it

My next door neighbor has a 2wd 07 with the 4 cyl and he loves it. Its basic with air auto and xm. he gets about 500-600K per tank and its like less than 70 bucks to fill. and from what I have been told the 5 cyl is pretty close to that as well.

They are comfy trucks, not a whole lot of room, but the 4 door is pretty large inside, for a small truck

I have an 04 2 wheel, with the extreme package and I like it so far. I am getting 23mpg mostly highway.

Archived