Are Mirror From 2001 To 2005 All The Same?

I broke my driver side outside mirror on my suburban LS 2001 and I can find plenty for sale that I can buy but they all are listed for 2002 through 2005. By looking at the picture, they look exactly like mine. The 2004 mirror has the same info as mine (motorized, heated mirror, with signal, puddle light, manual folding)

Can someone please tell me if a 2004 mirror is the same as the 2001?

Or... can someone direct me to a web page were OEM part numbers database can be looked-up?

ebay is the cheapest way just type in year and model and put keyword mirror ,unless you go to a dealer you may pay twice as much

I know that... thanks for replying but my question was if the mirrors are interchangable amoung 2001 - 2005.

The mirrors are identical. The only difference is certain years

have the plasti/chrome cap on them and after 03? they don't.

Check rockauto.com for a cheaper GM knockoff replacement.

Did you just break the glass or the whole mirror?

The glass as well as the whole unit replacement is a easy DIY job.

The mirrors are identical. The only difference is certain years

have the plasti/chrome cap on them and after 03? they don't.

Check rockauto.com for a cheaper GM knockoff replacement.

Did you just break the glass or the whole mirror?

The glass as well as the whole unit replacement is a easy DIY job.

Ahhh! Great.

The plastic/crhome cap you make reference is the cover I see on the area where the dealership match-paints them?

Thanks for the web page...

I actually I broke everything... The hausing and the glass. The previous owner bought the heated with signal glass-mirror as an option and he installed them him self on the OEM housings. This kind of mirrir itself is more than $300 outside the dealership

Since they are all the same, I found this used one (housing and heated with signal mirror) in good condition for $99 and free shipping.

Thanks for your help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Along that same line . . .

Are all of the trucks/Tahoes wired for the heated and dimming side mirrors? Only my driver's side mirror dims and it doesn't heat. (I have a Tahoe LS) Can I get the tricked-out mirrors and just plug and play?

Along that same line . . .

Are all of the trucks/Tahoes wired for the heated and dimming side mirrors? Only my driver's side mirror dims and it doesn't heat. (I have a Tahoe LS) Can I get the tricked-out mirrors and just plug and play?

I don't have a sure answer for you but I would guess that if your mirror had dims, more than likely it is ready for the upgrade.

Why don't you take the glass off and see if you have more than 1 electrical harness?

If I recall correctly the 99-2003 years have a short harness that connects to the control module. The 04-07 have a longer harness. They are not interchangeable. There is a difference, but I am not psoitive on the years, someone else may have the exact year it changed.

Archived