Rear Parking Assist

Could someone please tell me how to reset my rear parking assist. After plugging up my trailer I have never been able to reset it after unhooking my trailer. It always shows rear parking assist off on the DIC. I have read the manual but still can not figure it out how to turn it back on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advvance for any info!!

Could someone please tell me how to reset my rear parking assist. After plugging up my trailer I have never been able to reset it after unhooking my trailer. It always shows rear parking assist off on the DIC. I have read the manual but still can not figure it out how to turn it back on. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advvance for any info!!

I know this may sound dumb, but did you try hitting the off/on switch on the dash?

The other thing to try is when it comes up in the DIC, press and hold the check-mark (reset) button.

I know this may sound dumb, but did you try hitting the off/on switch on the dash?

The other thing to try is when it comes up in the DIC, press and hold the check-mark (reset) button.

Yes I have tried the button on the dash and also the reset button. I just pushed the reset button but didn't hold it in I will try that to see if it works. Thanks for the tip!!

I have also found that if you have your tailgate down it will automatically turn :) it off as well. So make sure there is nothing blocking any of the sensors. :chevrolet:

On mine it will stay off even if the hitch is inserted as well as the tailgate being down.

Be sure that you have taken your hitch ball off of the truck as well. The manual says it may affect the parking sensors.

I think that was what my problem ended up being. I put a different hitch on the truck today with out a ball on it and the parking assist started working again and I didn't push the reset buttons or anything. I was getting ready to go by the dealer and ask but hopefully I will not have to now.

The bottom button on the dash will take care of the Park Assist Off message. It should automatically turn itself on if you don't have anything in the sensor's range (hitch or tailgate down). I wish the range could be adjusted so a hitch won't effect it. I keep mine on in the Summer so the park assist is always off.

I have also found that if you have your tailgate down it will automatically turn :shakehead: it off as well. So make sure there is nothing blocking any of the sensors. :confused:

On mine it will stay off even if the hitch is inserted as well as the tailgate being down.

I was having problems with my park assist not working as well. I normally leave my hitch inserted into the receiver all of the time. Removing the hitch seems to have solved the problem.

• 11 months later...

Is there a way to always keep the parking assist on even if there is a trailor hitch attached? On my '07 Sierra, I always keep the hitch in there and my assist only works about 50% of the time. My father has a '07 Yukon and the trailor hitch doesn't seem to affect his parking sensors at all.

Is there a way to always keep the parking assist on even if there is a trailor hitch attached? On my '07 Sierra, I always keep the hitch in there and my assist only works about 50% of the time. My father has a '07 Yukon and the trailor hitch doesn't seem to affect his parking sensors at all.

Your best bet would be to try a different hitch. My URPA doesn't work at all when I have my 2" ball hitch in.

With the hitch attached, the parking assist wouldn't be able to compensate for the additional length anyway when backing up. No sense in having it on for that reason alone. There is no room for error when the hitch is in. I thought I heard that people on here had luck with certain types of hitches.

I have kind of grown used to the fact that the truck remembers what we may not :uhoh:

• 6 months later...

The amount of drop on the slug can affect the parking assist. I have a 4" drop slug and a 2" ball and don't have a problem. I would guess that if the slug is straight or maybe a 2" drop, the hitch ball is being picked up by the sensors.

I can drop my trailer and when I drive away, it take about 20 seconds for the Parking Assist to turn back on. Don' thave to hit the switch or anything.

mine is not working after the car wash on my 2007 NBS ans idea???

Didn't want to start a new thread I used the search button .

How cold is it where you're at? Mine sensors got covered in ice last week after some freezing rain, they didn't work, then they did once I got it thawed out inside. Thought it might do the same thing after a car wash if it's cold enough.

Archived