'00 4.3 "w" Intermittant No Start

DanzS10

Question

I don't know what else to check... '00 Chev. S10 ext. cab, auto, 4.3 "W" code with 93k & I have owned this veh. since new. Just started a couple weeks ago where it would not start after sitting either o'night or long enough where the coolant temp. went back to ambient. It will spin over, and initially sputter on a couple cyl.s, but not start. It takes about 6 to 8 tries before it will finally start. I replaced in tank fuel pump 2 yrs. ago, just replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor a month ago (not because of prob. just figured it was time)

When problem started, I checked fuel pressure, 60 lbs w/key on, and 53-55 idle, there was no ck. eng. light, no indicator lights at all, but I ck'd for codes with my reader, and found MAF, and both O2 sensors hit as problem. Cleaned MAF, and both O2 sensors, cleared codes and it ran fine, actually ran alot better, and codes cleared and did not come back.

Once it starts it is fine, and it will restart as many times as I try it... but after it sits it takes a ton of tries before it will start.

Is there something I am overlooking or can you suggest I try testing something else? :driving:

Thanks for any help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived