Seat Belt Buckle Stop.....fell Off

The buckle stop tab on my driver's seatbelt somehow broke and came out. I really had no idea it would be such a pain, but I'm tired of digging around trying to find the buckle down under my ***.

GM Parts Direct wants nearly $20 including shipping for that little plastic thing!!!!

PN is 12453517, does anybody have any ideas to get it cheaper? $10.95 S&H is ridiculous.

• 1 year later...
FYI; went to Buick dealer today who wanted 38$ Cdn !!for the "seat belt tongue stopper". I then found out that the Toyota dealer has them for 2$

Hmmmmmm

I, as well need the "stopper".

Will be visiting the Toyota dealer on Thursday.

I thought about using a small fender washer and my rivet tool. Once I trim off the excess center part, the rivet would come loose so I scratched that thought for the moment.

FYI; went to Buick dealer today who wanted 38$ Cdn !!for the "seat belt tongue stopper". I then found out that the Toyota dealer has them for 2$

So are we talking about the little plastic button thing on the belt?

• 5 months later...

www.rockauto.com

2002 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO LS 3.4L 207cid V6 FI (E) : Body-Interior : Seat Belt Buckle Button Stop Price Core Total Advice

DORMAN Part # 74357 More Info {HELP! - Carded; Seat Belt Stop Kit Universal. Easily snaps together. Prevents buckle from sliding down belt. Kit services 2 seat belts. #12453515}

Old Body Style

Part Image

$3.75 $0.00 $3.75

wwwww

Add to Cartwwww

So are we talking about the little plastic button thing on the belt?

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem with the seat belt stops in my Suburban...both front belt stops broke and fell off.

seat_belt_stop.jpg

I noted that the same part is available from Toyota that is almost identical. It cost $2.04 per side, and was in stock at a local Toyota Dealer. I bought four (4) sets for a bit over $8 plus tax. Problem solved ( you do need something to install that will melt the little center pin. I used a small solder iron for mine - worked great.)

Good luck.

Archived