Vent Valve Replacement (emissions)

I have a vent Valve that needs replaced. (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). The garage fixing it said it cost $400 for the part & $700 total with labor and comp charges. Is this correct? They said it has to do with Emissions and if I do not fix it, fumes can build up in my cab?!?! Please help me! (2003 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L)

According to gmpartsdirect.com the back vent valve is $6.19 - part number 15196388

Mike

Here is the more updated info for the error (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). This still a minor repair? Thank you!

According to gmpartsdirect.com the back vent valve is $6.19 - part number 15196388

Mike

Here is the more updated info for the error (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). This still a minor repair? Thank you!

Here is an Update! What ever this part is, the garage removed it. It appears to be a Black Box 4"x3" and 3/4" thick. It has a port for a hose to attach to. It connect close to the gas tank or near by. It does regulate emmission But i assume I can do with out since I am running the vehicle with out. I need to replace to get my engine light off. I will not Pay $700 quoted from my garage to replace! Can anyone Suggest what this part is AND cheap place to buy this part???? Thx!

Mike

Here is an Update! What ever this part is, the garage removed it. It appears to be a Black Box 4"x3" and 3/4" thick. It has a port for a hose to attach to. It connect close to the gas tank or near by. It does regulate emmission But i assume I can do with out since I am running the vehicle with out. I need to replace to get my engine light off. I will not Pay $700 quoted from my garage to replace! Can anyone Suggest what this part is AND cheap place to buy this part???? Thx!

Charcoal Canister, should be able to get one from your local CarQuest.

I have a vent Valve that needs replaced. (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). The garage fixing it said it cost $400 for the part & $700 total with labor and comp charges. Is this correct? They said it has to do with Emissions and if I do not fix it, fumes can build up in my cab?!?! Please help me! (2003 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L)

that should be covered under warranty- federal emissions..for i believe 7 yrs. if is not covered, your being bent over like a little b**ch..find someone else to look at it..

:thumbs:

Sure its not the valve or solenoid? Its still a cheap fix, approx. $60-80.

Charcoal Canister, should be able to get one from your local CarQuest.

+1 ....I dont think they go more than $150.

Trey (C & A s Dad) could tell you the figure.

OK i think i have it narrowed down to the "EVAP control Valve". Does anyone know how where i can purchase one of these? Or how i coul dfind a Part number? thank you

Archived