Auto Leveller

Yukon 01 owner

Question

Hi,

We had (have) an auto leveller problem with our 2001 Yukon. It just started going off all the time (even with no change of weight), sitting or driving.

I took it to a garage two weeks ago and they took it apart and said there was no problem.

Then I took it to a GM dealership last week and they said the compressor went.

They changed the compressor for $1,200.00 and off I went. Now we notice it is still going off all the time but almost so quiet you can not hear it. What needs to be done please?

Thanks very much,

KFC

0 answers to this question

My old 2000 Suburban was doing the exact same thing. The dealer told me that the compressor was bad, yet it worked just fine, they said the ECU for the leveling system was bad, I called BS on that. Took it to a local shop, they stuck a couple people on the back bumper, put a guy under it with a spray bottle full of soapy water, found that the shocks had a small leak in them. The cheapest that I found the shocks was $890 for the pair. I decided to save and replace the shocks, but the tranny messed up, and a few other things happened. Pissed me off, so I got rid of the Suburban.

Anyways, just put some weight in the back, start up the vehicle, apply the emergency brake, and get under it with some soapy water. You either have a leak in the air lines somewhere, or in the shocks themselves. If its the shocks, be prepared to dish out some money cause they arent cheap.

Archived