Hey guys i just finished installing the 15800000 in my truck and even though it said on the description from ebay that it had no codes/vin in it... it did, even had some stupid cd in it. Well I did the bypass to make sure it worked, and it did. The only thing it wouldnt do is play a DVD when i bypassed it... Is that normal for it not to allow a dvd to play in bypass? I havent got the nav disc yet(its coming to me) so i havent got to test that yet.

The only other question i have is about the procedure using the tech 2. I live in memphis and we got some pretty big dealerships with a few of the biggest chevrolet shops in the country to go along with them. But i have read where some dealerships couldnt figure out how to unlock the theftlock for some people while other people had no issues with the unlock process. If anyone can give me the procedures or check to see if the procedures im about to list is correct then id greatly appreciate it. On my unit it says TheftLock activated if i remember correctly without running down stairs and back out in the heat.

Radio Theftlock Clear Procedure

Complete the following procedure, using a scan tool, in order to properly set up communication:

Using a connected Tech2,

1. At the Main Menu screen, select: Diagnostics.

2. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following options:

? Model Year >>>Better pick 05 if it wont go pick 06

? LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete

3. At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body

4. At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following:

? Appropriate model

? Appropriate Air Conditioning

? Navigation Radio

5. At the Body Screen, select: Navigation Radio.

6. At the Radio screen, select: Special Functions.

7. At the Special Functions screen, select: VIN Relearn.

8. At the VIN Relearn screen, the scan tool will display "Do you want to clear radio theft information?"

9. To begin clearing, press the soft touch key on the top right of the scan tool. The scan tool will display "Clearing Radio Theft in Progress."

10. Press EXIT on the scan tool and cycle the ignition.

Also Does the radio need to be out of the truck to hook this tech 2 to it? I finished putting my truck back together, but if i gotta take it out for the dealership to unlock it thats fine cause im going to have to by a new Ambient light sensor cause i broke mine. Thant another thing, is that what the light sensor on the dash for the headlight is called? And does anyone have any ideas how much this will cost?

Thanks for any help, besides the theftlock and me breaking my light sensor... the install was pretty easy. I even installed the vss switch in the middle console.

oh come on man, I know out of all you or atleast out of the people who have read this theres gotta be someone with some input... I mean my questions usually aren't hard, but it seems peoplejust wanna read them and then go to the next topic. It takes me responding to my own topic a few times for someone to chime in. Sorry, but I try to response to people as quickly as possible, and I know they appreciate it. But it just seems that whenever I need to know something I can't get it.

Well here i am still looking....i have recently figured out that this 15800000 doesnt play dvd's even in park...???please correct me if im wrong.... but im confused cause my girlfriends parents hummer H2 can play dvd's in park, so why cant mine?

This stock NAV unit will not play DVD's. You need a video interface, such as this one:

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/products...ion%20LCD's

The programming instructions you listed are correct, and the radio does not need to be removed from the truck. It should take any dealer 5 minutes.

The light sensor is about $15-$20.

Thanks Omar, Exactly what i needed. I hated doing multiple post but just needed answers fast for once and no one would even reply anywhere. Thank again man

Ight sorry about my weekend stressing out on yall. I installed the thing and it looks great, but it was my fault to assume that the thing would play dvds just like the hummer does(even in park). Im fixing to go have it unlocked, then start working on it to play dvd's, or atleast display the video from the rear dvd system. I believe i have it figured out and will start the process as soon as i get it completely figured out. Sorry again

Ight sorry about my weekend stressing out on yall. I installed the thing and it looks great, but it was my fault to assume that the thing would play dvds just like the hummer does(even in park). Im fixing to go have it unlocked, then start working on it to play dvd's, or atleast display the video from the rear dvd system. I believe i have it figured out and will start the process as soon as i get it completely figured out. Sorry again

Don't sweat it. We all get antsy when we get a new toy and cant get it to work.

Yeah well ive done even more research, and even though i know people say the way id have to go to get the tnr800 to play dvd's(even though it doesnt while in park) is to install video and audio inputs in a number of different ways, and then add an external dvd player or tap into the rear dvd player... every where i read people say that there is no way to be able to physically put the dvd into the head unit and play it, but ive recently learned that it can be done. What kept me going on this issue and convinced it can happen is a family member has the same unit and its not suppose to play dvd's at all, but i have personally put dvd's in the unit and was able to watch them... so that means that there is no external dvd player in anyway or else i would have had to put the dvd in the seperate dvd player...so when people tell me its not possible i found it hard to believe but maybe just rare. After going up to the stereo place where this vehicle had its work done, i talked and showed them my unit, described to them that the unit as of right now will not play dvd's at all and that if possible id like the navigation system to play dvd's(putting the disc into the disc slot of the nav unit)...no external dvd player, no tapping into wires... just the head unit. Well he simply said no problem, we do this all the time. I talked for awhile to the guy and kept asking to make sure i was hearing this correctly and he kept reassuring me that it was possible and easy to do, also that the install was way faster, and less expensive then buying a video input modulator and then having to buy a audio modulator and then buying a dvd slave changer or having to tap into the rear. So i just have to get it done and get the part numbers from the guy along with the manufactures info. But like i said, i figured ive read it all, and he even said after talking to me "man you really did your homework on this stuff".. but it turns out that it is possible. For one i know its happened in the family vehicle, and the same stereo place said they could do it easily and do it on a normal basis..

Good research bro. Your getting it all worked out. I'm keeping up on your posts I want to know how it's done.

Off topic...I see you from Memphis...I was just down there a few months back. I have family over in Jackson and we went over to Memphis to hang out with my wifes friend.

Keep up the good info!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah well ive done even more research, and even though i know people say the way id have to go to get the tnr800 to play dvd's(even though it doesnt while in park) is to install video and audio inputs in a number of different ways, and then add an external dvd player or tap into the rear dvd player... every where i read people say that there is no way to be able to physically put the dvd into the head unit and play it, but ive recently learned that it can be done. What kept me going on this issue and convinced it can happen is a family member has the same unit and its not suppose to play dvd's at all, but i have personally put dvd's in the unit and was able to watch them... so that means that there is no external dvd player in anyway or else i would have had to put the dvd in the seperate dvd player...so when people tell me its not possible i found it hard to believe but maybe just rare. After going up to the stereo place where this vehicle had its work done, i talked and showed them my unit, described to them that the unit as of right now will not play dvd's at all and that if possible id like the navigation system to play dvd's(putting the disc into the disc slot of the nav unit)...no external dvd player, no tapping into wires... just the head unit. Well he simply said no problem, we do this all the time. I talked for awhile to the guy and kept asking to make sure i was hearing this correctly and he kept reassuring me that it was possible and easy to do, also that the install was way faster, and less expensive then buying a video input modulator and then having to buy a audio modulator and then buying a dvd slave changer or having to tap into the rear. So i just have to get it done and get the part numbers from the guy along with the manufactures info. But like i said, i figured ive read it all, and he even said after talking to me "man you really did your homework on this stuff".. but it turns out that it is possible. For one i know its happened in the family vehicle, and the same stereo place said they could do it easily and do it on a normal basis..

you never told us the secret to playing a DVD through the navigation interface

• 6 months later...

Archived