Driver Door Locks But Won't Unlock

Hey everyone. I've searched around on the forum but can't seem to find anything on my particular problem. I have a 2004 Silverado Crew Cab. Yesterday, my driver's side door quit unlocking.

When you push the unlock button, all other doors unlock just fine. Just not the driver's door. When you push the lock button, all doors lock including the drivers door. Windows, mirrors, etc (all other functionality on drivers door switch panel) work fine.

I took the door panel off, and the actuator doesn't even try to move when unlocking. It doesn't make any noises or anything. But when you are locking the door, it works perfectly. So I am thinking it's not the actuator.

The same results happen with the keyfob remote. Push unlock once, lights flash, etc as normal, however drivers door doesn't unlock. Push it again, and all other doors unlock just fine.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips to help diagnose this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chad

Sounds like the door lock solenoid is failing. It still has enough strength to lock the door (gravity probably helps here) but not to unlock it.

At least you didn't have the issue I did - door wouldn't lock or unlock and couldn't put the window down because the rivets that hold the solenoid to the inner door panel broke.

I would try using a multimeter on the solenoid to see if it is getting a signal to unlock.

BTW. Welcome to GM Trucks! :dunno:

I don't think it's the solenoid. The main reason is that my tailgate lock is connected to the same wires and it quit working too. So I don't think its getting the "unlock" signal at all.

Archived