Mpg Mods

I'll add to my original statement a little bit:

Given the right pre- and post- driving habit change conditions, you can see a +20% increase in mpg. The right preconditions would include, but not limited to:

-getting on the gas heavily (more than 50% throttle) with every start up.

-averaging over 70 mph on the highway.

-accelerating to a stop.

Post condition improvements include:

-average speed between 55 and 65 mpg on the highway.

-anticipating a stop by coasting to it.

-light acceleration from a stop.

-manually managing gear selection (when safe to do so) for passing; keeping it in the highest gear possible for the pass.

Just my $0.02.

I really don't care what the mileage is on my vehicles. I don't say that to sound like a smart ass... it just doesn't really matter. I knew what they were capable of when I bought them. What kind of financial gain can any one driver actually expect to see by doing everything necessary? 10 to 12% better fuel economy? (which is the MOST legit improvement I have seen posted here or anywhere else)

It makes no sense to me to dwell on it to save 2 dollars a month in gas... or 20 dollars for that matter. My apologies to anyone who has a budget that tight... but if you do, maybe a truck is not the vehicle you should own.

Place an egg between your accelerator pedal and your foot. If you break the egg, replace the egg and try again. When you can drive without breaking the egg, you'll probably get pretty decent mileage out of these trucks (at least as 'decent' as they'll get).

Place an egg between your accelerator pedal and your foot. If you break the egg, replace the egg and try again. When you can drive without breaking the egg, you'll probably get pretty decent mileage out of these trucks (at least as 'decent' as they'll get).

Are we talking chicken egg or robin egg? :thumbs:

Are we talking chicken egg or robin egg? :D

Look for a chicken egg with a "Tornado" logo on the side of it... :):thumbs:

With winter just around the corner, and the winter mix fuel we'll have to use, it just doesn't matter to me. I can bitch about the price of gas all I want, but it doesn't do any good. I need a truck for work, so I just pay the price. :thumbs:

Look for a chicken egg with a "Tornado" logo on the side of it... :):thumbs:

:D What? You're not up for the Deal of the Week @ Stylin?!

stylin_tornado.jpg

I really don't care what the mileage is on my vehicles. I don't say that to sound like a smart ass... it just doesn't really matter. I knew what they were capable of when I bought them. What kind of financial gain can any one driver actually expect to see by doing everything necessary? 10 to 12% better fuel economy? (which is the MOST legit improvement I have seen posted here or anywhere else)

It makes no sense to me to dwell on it to save 2 dollars a month in gas... or 20 dollars for that matter. My apologies to anyone who has a budget that tight... but if you do, maybe a truck is not the vehicle you should own.

+2 (dollars). :thumbs:

Are we talking chicken egg or robin egg? :)

SOB! So much for the ostrich egg. No wonder my mileage sucks! :thumbs:

SOB! So much for the ostrich egg. No wonder my mileage sucks! :)

Psst. You're also not supposed to hard-boil it. :thumbs:

Archived